• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

kaiser_22.wad released

Pictures, information blahblah can be found here
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=715

Nothing new, just another single Doom2 map designed for single player, cooperative or deathmatch.

This release isn't final yet, meaning its not uploaded at newstuff/idgames, so there may be changes to the wad before it gets uploaded to newstuff.

linky:
http://home.houston.rr.com/svkaiser/Doom/kaiser_22.zip

Sexy non-linear goodness in the starting area and some excellent fights later on.

ZDoom had problems triggering the manc trap at (2816, -2336).

The steps leading to the blue keycard were slightly annoying.

IMO there is too much tree decor in the blue keycard outdoor area. Not a problem in PrBoom but it could be one in ZDoom I guess.

Ok, I just tested it with zDoom 2.0.98.

I managed to beat it w/o dying, first try. Pretty easy map, didn't really throw anything crazy around except a few traps, which weren't that bad.

The music was quite annoying and eventually I turned it off.

I was lost after I found the red key. Took me awhile to find where I was supposed to go.

In the yellow key room, the ground trap is bugged. One of the imps saw me and started moving around before I had triggered it. I saw his head peeking out of the ground! I had to walk pretty far forward into the room to trigger the trap, as well.

The lava stairs room is a neat idea, but pretty annoying.

The outdoor walls that collapse in sections is a cool idea. I like how it looks.

The cyberdemon guarding the blue key is a total pushover. If you stand far enough, he just keeps hitting the ground with his rockets. All you need to do is plasma spam from a distance and he's toast. You should make the platform he's on lower. This should help make the stairs less annoying to climb as well.

Once you get the yellow skull key, you have to backtrack through the entire base. Why not add a teleporter?

The final room battle was a bit of a letdown, I was hoping for more monsters. I ended up with a bunch of extra rockets.

Overall it's a good, fun map.

udderdude said:

Ok, I just tested it with zDoom 2.0.98.

I managed to beat it w/o dying, first try. Pretty easy map, didn't really throw anything crazy around except a few traps, which weren't that bad.

The music was quite annoying and eventually I turned it off.

I kinda started avoiding adding ridiculous monster fights as it was getting too repetitive.. but there are some places where I plan on adding more in the next release. I also wanted to make the map more newbie friendly as well as enjoyable for experienced players.

Yeah I couldn't find the right music.. so I randomly chose one from Hell Revealed 2.. I do plan on replacing that as well

udderdude said:

I was lost after I found the red key. Took me awhile to find where I was supposed to go.

I am assuming you mean the red card and not the skull:

Hit the switch to your right. This will lower a teleporter near you. This teleporter takes you directly in front of the red key door. I added it to prevent players from getting lost.. heh so much for that :P

udderdude said:

In the yellow key room, the ground trap is bugged. One of the imps saw me and started moving around before I had triggered it. I saw his head peeking out of the ground! I had to walk pretty far forward into the room to trigger the trap, as well.

why is it always zdoom breaking stuff instead of the other ports? This will be fixed for next release

udderdude said:

The lava stairs room is a neat idea, but pretty annoying.

The cyberdemon guarding the blue key is a total pushover. If you stand far enough, he just keeps hitting the ground with his rockets. All you need to do is plasma spam from a distance and he's toast. You should make the platform he's on lower. This should help make the stairs less annoying to climb as well.

Once you get the yellow skull key, you have to backtrack through the entire base. Why not add a teleporter?

I'll expand the platforms so the player won't fall all the time..

I removed a no blocking line that will allow the cyberdemon to get near the edge of the platform, so that way he can fire without hitting the ground

For the yellow skull I intended to add a teleporter but forgot. I'll add it for next release. I also intended to add teleporting monsters after the yellow skull key as well but forgot

edit* updated