Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Anything happening on June 6th?

6/6/6
Any special national events? Fundie prophecies? Movie releases?

It seems a shame to waste an opportunity such as this-- one that'll only come once in our lifetime. I'd be rather disappointed in myself if the day came and went without something to make it memorable. Murder/suicide would be a bit much, I think. If I were in a different place in my life, I'd go for the marriage anniversary thing. I missed that window, though. At any rate... if I wanted to do something great on that day, I'd better start planning now.

Kids born on 6/6/6 would automatically be awesome for life. Lucky bastards.

How about you people? Any ideas?

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK

I'll be paying respect to, and honoring the memory of those who stormed the beaches of Normandy on June 6th, 1944. Same as I do every year.

Jello said:

I'll be paying respect to, and honoring the memory of those who stormed the beaches of Normandy on June 6th, 1944. Same as I do every year.

Seconded.

Meh, 6/6/6 is the gothic holiday for whatever. I don't care, I will just go on like normal. BTW, what's up with that link? I honestly didn't want to watch it because...yeah.

Fun fact: 1666 is MDCLXVI in roman numerals. Of course, 666 is DCLXVI but it's kind of interesting how all the numerals are there in reverse order.

i'm waiting more for 7/7/07 personally. It will be the summer i've graduated (between high school and college) and I prefer lucky numbers to evil ones :P

EDIT: 6/7 will be the day my friend died a year ago :( 6/6 was the last time I saw him.

EDIT2: Its funny i was thinking about this date before i saw this thread, i just remembered, thinking the same thing. I also think we may have another freshman day that day.

Regen said:

My birthdays' 6/8 i was spared by two day's.

I count that as 2 months. :P MM/DD indeed. :roll: J/K

I was planning something for this date for years now.

I'm also pushing several other projects to make a june 6 release

gargoylol said:
I was planning something for this date for years now.

Don't hurt anybody!

My birthday is on June 6th. Maybe that explains /newstuff 260!

(and how three words caused a shitstorm in the forum in that newproject thread in blogs)

Mancubus II said:

The scriptures had been re-evaluated and it was determined the real mark is 616. This was earlier last year.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=real+mark+of+beast+616&sa=N&tab=nw

Re-evaluated, or was it just that the number didn't work anymore since we're supposed to have been in the "end days" for 6 years now so they needed to change some things for all the believers out there?

What? OK, just because it's an anti-Christian comment doesn't mean it'll automatically make sense.

Bucket said:

What? OK, just because it's an anti-Christian comment doesn't mean it'll automatically make sense.

Sorry, I was unclear and that somewhat came from nowhere. One of my mom's various boyfriends had her going as a church-goer for a while and he was one of the more popular pastors/preachers/whatever in the great plains area. Anyway, he droned on about the "end days" being upon us, and it seem that gloom and doom to keep people coming is alot of church's subjects since the late 90's (well, then again, its always been since the roman catholic ex-communicated King Henry [insert number here] long ago, telling people they'd go to hell if they were on his side.). Somehow some christian scientits somewhere had pulled some numbers from their asses using math (or so they said) where 666 was involved with the current years and shortly after 2000 (vague, I know). Then he continued about how we might be OFF a year on history (in otherwords we'd bein 2007) and it came out as some other number.

Well whatever the deal was (I've tried since to forget it all but I heard it so many times its been imprinted into my memory somewhere, though my common sense function knows to ignore it, thankfully), theres was a bunch of crap about how this was the end of days and the "antichrist" was going to arise (whoever it was in the bible probably just dreamed the future of Marilyn Manson coming out with an album called Antichrist Superstar and got freaked) and blah blah blah. WWW are the roman numerals for 666! Onoes! The internet is teh devil!!! The computer tower is representetive of the Tower of Babel!!! ONOES!!! WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE ON JUNE 6TH! SAVE US LORD!!!!!!!1212!!! †

A general trend I've noticed is that, somewhere, a Christian sect will claim that sometime this year, or at the start of the next, the world will end. And it never does. If the world was actually going to end, then they wouldn't have much of a business. The End Times is probably a lucrative industry for some Christians.

Snarboo said:

The End Times is probably a lucrative industry for some Christians.

christians certainly aren't the only wild and wacky group of people making phat pay from apocalyptic garbage you know

Xenphire said:
The computer tower is representetive of the Tower of Babel!!!

The Cyberdemon Lord of Deimos designed them!

myk said:

The Cyberdemon Lord of Deimos designed them!

The cyberdemons shoot rockets! Rockets can be nuclear weapons! The apocalypse will be brought by ewoks carrying atomizer guns! AAAAH!

Xenphire said:

Anyway, he droned on about the "end days" being upon us, and it seem that gloom and doom to keep people coming is alot of church's subjects since the late 90's (well, then again, its always been since the roman catholic ex-communicated King Henry [insert number here] long ago, telling people they'd go to hell if they were on his side.).

Henry VIII

Christians have been prophecizing that the end of the world since the beginning of the religion pretty much (I know at least the year 666 was picked out as and "end date". That's one of the things I don't get about Christianity: how can they be so pessimistic when their messiah's messages are so positive?

Quast said:

christians certainly aren't the only wild and wacky group of people making phat pay from apocalyptic garbage you know

Yeah, there's also the nihilists. Like Quast.