Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Few quetions on using XWE...

How do I use XWE to change the title screen pic and intermission pics?
Could you please telkl me the dimensions for them?
Secondly what function in XWE would allow me to combine 2 or more different texture wads?

sinyx said:
How do I use XWE to change the title screen pic and intermission pics?

Open your wad, choose Load under entry and browse for the new TITLEPIC that you had placed in some folder on your system.

Could you please telkl me the dimensions for them?

They have a resolution of 320x200. You can see the size of any picture in a wad by clicking its entry on the list to the left in XWE. Over the picture you'll see two white entry boxes for the alignment (that tells Doom where to place the graphic on the screen) and to the right of that the resolution in pixels. Try making any new TITLEPIC screen as a 256 color BMP using Doom's palette.

Secondly what function in XWE would allow me to combine 2 or more different texture wads?

You can merge the patches (graphics), then making sure they have the makers (PP_START and PP_END) enclosing them all, but you must also edit PNAMES and TEXTURE1 so that they include all the patches textures from the game and from both (or all, if more than two) PWADs: You need to make sure PNAMES lists all the patches in the original game plus the ones that you're adding (the latter being those you put between the PP_* makers.) You also need to make sure each of the textures (these are what you place in a map), including the original ones for the game, with their appropriate information (patches used and patch alignment) are listed in TEXTURE1. If there are new flats, these go between FF_START and F_END (or FF_END.)