Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonTTu111

i can't get wintex working

My wintex won't work. it wants VBRUN300.dll file and I don't know how to get that file. Can somebody help me? if there is no solve to that problem, give me link to another sprite editor. XWE don't work and i think it is a peace of S**t

I'm not surprised you can't get Wintex working, it's an old fashioned, out dated piece of buggy crap that wasn't even reliable when it was new: and nowadays it is almost obsolete due to it's poor or zero support for newer port features.

However, if you really do want to use it, instead of newer, better alternatives, simply typing the name vbrun300.dll into Google should allow you to find plenty of sites where the file can be downloaded.

i agree that XWE still has some ways to go before it can outmatch some of wintexes features, not that its bad in anyway
XWE does how ever have a much better GUI
:)

if you google the vbrun300.dll, you should be able to download it, you then will be asked to find threed.vbx which can also be found by google

once you have downloaded both, they should be placed in windows/system

enjay beat me to it :)

Xtife said:

i agree that XWE still has some ways to go before it can outmatch some of wintexes features[...]

If you can think of any specific features, I'd like to hear it. Drop by the XWE forum and let me know what you need.

JonTTu111 said:

XWE don't work and i think it is a peace of S**t

Hey Csabo, that sounds like a quote for your user comments page.

JonTTu111: whenever a program mentions a dll that it needs, check:
1) If it was included in the program's own package;
2) If it is something that can be downloaded - they often are freely available.

I don't know, the "funny" factor is just not there anymore.

I don't think I would personally make a comment like "X is a piece of s**t" about anything (not just software). Not just because the people who created or like X might get offended, but statements like that are meaningless. Why not say something like "X sucks because A, B, C". At least then there's something to talk about. He doesn't like XWE, fine, I can live with that. If he'd ask me for something I would still try to help.

You can also use XWE, but beware, the program's very buggy.

I must have made that comment a long time ago, especially considering I pretty much use XWE for everything now.

I tried edit doom2 sprites with XWE, but It only showed sprites on text and I don't understand that ''computer language.''

Hmm. What you saw could have been some small bug, maybe it's already fixed. If not, you could have asked me (the author).

However, Wintex does stuff like that too.

If you import a 128x128 (or 256x256) size flat to a WAD file, it shows up fine in XWE and works perfectly in ZDooM (possibly other ports that support it), but Wintex will just display the hexdump, because it doesn't know what that lump is. No tall sprite support either, so any tall sprite or patch will be messy when displayed.

JonTTu111 said:

I tried edit doom2 sprites with XWE, but It only showed sprites on text and I don't understand that ''computer language.''

Kind of harsh to condemn the whole program as one that "don't work" and is a "peace[sic] of s**t" because you found one bug don't you think?

Wintex is my favorite editor. Just google Vbrun300.dll and go download it. It would should fine afterwards. However, it's limited. You will need to use other editors to supliement it's functions, suck as textures bigger than128 in height and other sound formats that's not in wave or have a 11024 bitrate.

Enjay said:
Kind of harsh to condemn the whole program as one that "don't work" and is a "peace[sic] of s**t" because you found one bug don't you think?

Noobs get frustrated often... and in many cases the problem isn't even a bug, but their usage of the program, or the fact that they have some outdated version they got somewhere, or that their computer is a mess and causes other issues. And then sometimes its not too easy to help them when their posts seem like alien gibberish.