Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Ultimate Doom Episode 1 TAS Speed Movie in 3:45

Ultimate Doom Episode I - "Knee Deep in the Dead". The Ultra-Violence TAS Speed Movie.

Level                Map     Time  Kills Items Secrets <e1uv-405

Hangar               E1M1 -  0:08    3%    2%    0%    -0:01
Nuclear Plant        E1M2 -  0:19   13%    2%    0%    -0:01
Toxin Refinery       E1M3 -  0:31   29%    8%    0%    -0:02
Command Control      E1M4 -  0:11    1%    6%    0%    -0:01
Phobos Lab           E1M5 -  0:36   26%   13%    0%    -0:05
Cewntral Processing  E1M6 -  0:41   15%   12%   50%    -0:04
Computer Station     E1M7 -  0:57   39%   30%   25%    -0:04
Phobos Anomaly       E1M8 -  0:22   12%    0%    0%    -0:02
----------------------------------------------------------------
       total episode E1   -  3:45                      -0:20
http://www.geocities.com/e6y/doom.html

That was nice - very smooth-looking too (and I have smooth playing turned off).

Just one question: did you try to get the barons on E1M8 to die closer together (i.e. so the second dies during the death animation of the first), so as to lower the walls a little earlier? Might that not save a second?

Grazza said:

did you try to get the barons on E1M8 to die closer together (i.e. so the second dies during the death animation of the first), so as to lower the walls a little earlier? Might that not save a second?

How much I have understood, you suggest to kill the first baron with a penultimate rocket and the second with last rocket, but I don't understand why it should be faster.

Adam_H's second post in this thread explains the effect.

For the maximum time saving, you need the second baron to die just before the death animation for the first has finished. So maybe have your third-to-last rocket kill one baron, and then finish the other one off with your last two.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have reuploaded the "fixed" version in 3:45 :)

P.S. It was easy with a new cmd switch in PrBoom-Plus: -trace_thingshealth 58 59

I just downloaded it but it sounds like a good demo. Have you considered a plutonia run like Sedlo's unfinished run? That could be really awesome to see redone.

Wow nice demo. Looked very tight. I reackon that building I'd be lucky to take a second of some of the levels, if that! Very nice work.

I watched it, it is an excellent demo of built quality imo. Btw, are you still using st50 on turns? It's still quite impressive, but some people feel like st50 on turns is cheating, as it is not theoretically possible to do without hacks. I know that if one made a built demo then using st50 on turns would hardly make any difference at all so I am confident that your demo is theoretically possible anyways.

xit-vono said:

Btw, are you still using st50 on turns? It's still quite impressive

Yes. Late to change something with it (it was my mistake initially)

xit-vono said:

but some people feel like st50 on turns is cheating, as it is not theoretically possible to do without hacks.

Maybe it for the better.

entryway said:

P.S. It was easy with a new cmd switch in PrBoom-Plus: -trace_thingshealth 58 59

Will this be in .27? Sounds like an awesome feature. :)

xit-vono said:

... Sedlo's unfinished run? That could be really awesome to see redone.

Or continued, as Prboom-plus supports the recording of MBF demos. Anyone know if Sedlo said anything about the idea of someone else resuming the recording where he left off?

Grazza said:

Will this be in .27? Sounds like an awesome feature.

Yes. It helped me at record of this demo. Also I've implemented the -trace_linescross and -trace_thingspickup switches

From what I recall about Sedlo's plutonia run, he didnt mind somebody taking over it... this may have changed now, you better ask him, he is often on zDaemon.

And besides, nobody is silly enough to take over Sedlo's work, we would be too scared to 'desecrate' it.

So the best would be to redo it from scratch ^^

I don't see much point in continuing Sedlo's run. I think Andrey can do it faster, and it would be in doom2.exe format which is a huge plus for me.