Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

I could make the colour symbols layer go down a bit, at the moment only one dirt layer is over it. If I put it down more, then the colours aren't strong enough...

That gun looks like some mechwarrior gun, but the targeting system makes the guns unable to target two enemies.

I would make some targeting system to the hud. Maybe you could add some other stuff above the guns, like another gun :) Or maybe those comes from the top of the screen. Some colour variation would be nice. There could be some weapon blast burns in the muzzles.

That looks good Sausage! In comparsion to your last gun, the perspective is very correct infact. I'd remove the targetting system, being a bit cheesy.. a scope on one of them cannons would suffice. Now just add some contrast and spice like worn out edges or whatever Corrupted suggested in his tutorial, or I did in mine. Looking forward on how this one turns out.

@Jimi - When you say (Quote)"I would make some targeting system to the hud." Does this mean you'll program that? Because i cant do decorate, Only basic DeHackEd.

@NMN - Thanks for the feedback, ill get rid of the pole, Or add some Big gunning shit to it (EG. Rocket launcher) :D

Oh and also, Nmn, Can you do a Contrast change for me, ill post the update (Pole less one) Soon.

Sorted in about 10 mins :)

Here are three of the images as these were intended to be a Chaingun :D

Hope you like em (i did the Blast on fireworks(Macromedia) Ages ago looking at scuba steves Muzzle flash Tutorial :D )

- sausage -

[-EDIT-] Here i have noticed i left some of the pole on the muzzle flash images..... ill sort this out. But i wont post it....

:D

Contrast. Give your weapons depth. Right now, honestly they look like plastic toys.

sausage said:

@Jimi - When you say (Quote)"I would make some targeting system to the hud." Does this mean you'll program that? Because i cant do decorate, Only basic DeHackEd.

Graphics, programming... I don't know decorate either...

@Rf` - Plastic toys - ill sort it out...

@Jimi - Shame you can't Do decorate :(
Oh well, ill just replace the chaingun.... :)

- sausage -

sausage, you are on the right path to weapons graphic design. you should try using different brushes and shading effects on your weapons to make them appear a little more detailed.

I would, but i have had a little problem.
My step-sister deleted fireworks so she can upload LOADS of music meaning i have absolutely NO Space left.
And i will be getting fireworks back on there!
I promise i'll get it and finish these guns!

[EDIT] i forgot this part below!

- sausage -

That's why I love I don't share my machine with older siblings ;) anymore that is.

You're Lucky :D
I really wish i was still an only child, But life doesnt always go according to plan!

- sausage -

Bumpage!

Here's most likely my final weapon as I'm really not into Dooming these days. I'll prolly not make my final mods, but here's a weapon I made for the mod. It's called Embrator and fires hot coal projectiles.
Here's a prev:

And here's da thing
Oh yeah, the mod I was making it, a collapse of my unreleasies- Haze and Fear The Shrill-is canned.
Well.. sorry. I really don't feel like making it ever.

ur quitting doom!? NO!!! but, i cant blame you, you have skillz and you should take them to better places. do whatever makes you happy i say!

nice odd lookin gun by the way. lol

Nice gun, But, Apart from Corrupt, Who will be able to take place in the graphics seat of glory :P

- sausage -

Thanks for the kind words guys, but I don't think my skills are anything special. Pretty standard.
As for taking the throne, or whatever you'd call it, Corrupted does the job well ;)

I like, it would be nice if it came with a decorate lump so it could be used, and yes, I know this is just supposed to be a gfx set.

And yes, You dont realise one of the best Graphics artists On the doomworld forums are giving up doom.

- sausage -

Aww dude, it's no big deal :) really.

@Veddge-I could write something like that, but there are other talents for DEC lump. Try asking Dark Archon or Wild Weasel.

Nmn said:

Bumpage!
Here's most likely my final weapon as I'm really not into Dooming these days. I'll prolly not make my final mods, but here's a weapon I made for the mod. It's called
Well.. sorry. I really don't feel like making it ever.

You won't quit... it's Doom, the addiction is by far to strong :)

BTW: Why don't you release what you've done so far? Maybe others are interested in finishing what you've did (as I am)

Ok, I've browsed through the thread and collected those weapons I could get (mine and others as well) and zipped them all into a single package. I haven't included the crap. .. by that I mean rips or junk/lousy attempts. Sorry, I don't want to sound offensive, but this thread was made for artists to grow their skills. Some people who were basically not into art at all (like DartmerC or Xaser) suceeded in creating good weapons, I've included those, but putting them side by side with crap simply beats the purpose of this thread.

I've topped this cake with some of my unreleasies. Keep in mind that most of the stuff has been collected on the fly, some weapons lack pickup sprites, others lack muzzle flashes. It's easy to add them if you know how, being honest.

I've updated the first post in this thread with the link to the package. Enjoy.

EDIT: I've counted about 70 weapons (including remixes of some guns)

Hey NMN,
Do you use MSN Messenger?
I hope you do
So those Doomers (Me for example) Can keep in contact with you ^_^

- Sausage -

You did/do good work in Doom, so Im sure you'll do good work in whatever else you put your hand to.

Thats a shame,

Well, Good luck in a new Hobby, NMN

Hope you do well in whatever,

Bye

- sausage -