Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

DOOM movie action figures ?

Wow... those look like complete crap. Slightly better than Lego figures, and yet worse than the crappy GI Joe figures. I would kill for an 18 inch fully articulated cyberdemon though.

Those figures are shit... I can't imagine a bigger slap in the face than having the Rocks face in green armor being marketed under the Doom name. Ugh.

Jehar said:
the Rocks face

Where? If the figure were to actually look like The Rock it would possibly be decent... but it just looks like a weird and ugly attempt.

I like the "clothing" that the Marines have, but the attempt at facial features was pure bung.

Well once they finish making all the doom movie figures, maybe they can start throwing some figures of some GAME ACCURATE monsters and characters. Then maybe throw in some classic doom stuff instead of just releasing "The Sarge with battle damaged undies!" or other stupid variations off of previous releases.

they needed to do a scan of the rock with an angry or intense face. that facial expression was so bleh. his legs look a little short as well. the pinky figure isn't good either. never like the character design in the movie anyway. these figures suck. I hope the monster figures come out better.

I still have hopes for the pinky "demon", but surely they ruin it too. I hope that these aren't the final versions and they improve the models for the second series.

Edit:
I'd like to know if this is true

"Editor's Note: Now I know some people have issues with previous Doom figures that were shown, and I want to just say something here. I too have some issues with some of the figures, particularly with the Sewer Imp. BUT you have to remember that this is First 4 Figures' 1st action figure release and to be honest I think it's not bad for a first release. First 4 Figures are really open to your comments on how to make their products better, and I think we need more companies that listen to collectors, so by all means be honest, but be constructive as well"

Certanly I doubt it.

gahh! I didn't look at the second link. "reaper" looks horrible. what happened to the facial hair? the sewer imp looks terrible from the front. the ball joints are horribly placed. they really should have looked at other action figures before putting these out. my other gripe is the gloss plastic being used for the figures. I'm sure that the marines didn't have uniforms with a shiny coating on them. I think the only thing I like are the weapons. reapers rifle and the bfg look decent.

Xenphire said:

Wow, that sewer imp figure looks like its out of the early 90's.

Wow, good thing this is a game from the early 90's! Sorry, couldn't help that one.

my god, have they not learned ANYTHING yet?

why would they do something soo stupid when the movie was a complete failure

Hey, lay off! These action figures are made from real, high-quality dog shits!