Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

This might be some serious injury can hurt your precious Windows

Announcement: (Info from fox news)

A Microsoft official acknowledged that the risk to consumers was unprecedented because the glitches allow hackers to seize control of all Windows XP operating system software without requiring a computer user to do anything except connect to the Internet.

Patch here

Also might be worth to read this also

[i]so far, it knows that it can affect:[/b]
windows98
windows98se
windowsME
windowsXP

Thanks to Booker and mjrpes from Quake3World.com

This is why I'll be using Win98 right until I have trade up for a cheap 3.5GHz system. So much for the "most secure" Windows platform ever.

This is why I'll be using Win98 right until I have trade up for a cheap 3.5GHz system.

so far, it knows that it can affect:
windows98
windows98se

Total Retard

Enjoy your nice and secure Win98 system, I'll be chillin out with Win95b for at least another year ;)

Enjoy your nice and secure Win98 system, I'll be chillin out with Win95b for at least another year ;)

Who should read this bulletin: Customers using Microsoft® Windows® ME or XP, or who have installed the Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing client on Windows 98 or 98SE.

My system is XP-free, so I've naught to worry about, ümlaüt-boy. Jesuchristo, and people think [/i]I'm[/i] out of it... ;)

Patch it and move on you retards.

For further edumucation, I direct you to the CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) page of current exploit activity.

Not all of those bugs are Windows, boys and girls. And quite a few of them strike at the very "secure" foundations of the internet -- *nix systems.

The security of an OS is highly dependant on the ability and willingness of whoever runs it to keep current. In the case of Windows, the patching process cannot be easier, yet people don't do it. Most of the successful exploits carried out recently have been patched or otherwise nullified by patches Microsoft has already released, in many cases months in advance.

Here's one solution to the problem. Not quite as funny as "Microsoft Patents Zeros and Ones," but still a good read. "These aren't the bugs you're looking for..."