Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Higher Game

Why won't MIDI work?

My MIDI sounds very distorted when I play. I use a SoundMAX integrated audio solution. Is there anything I have to download to make the sound work? I play in ZDoom. Please help me.

Maybe you should change the midi output system you use. Its in the sound options. Go to the midi device select and chosse one that works for you. Play a level while doing so to here the differences between the devices. And maybe it is just the sound system that was installed on your computer.

Higher Game said:

I did that and none of them sound the way Doom is supposed to sound.

I am not sure that I know what you mean. I am not sure as to what the problem is, maybe it is something in your computer. WHhat version of zdoom were you using?

I'm using the latest version of Zdoom. I went to the sound option in-game and tried all of the MIDI options, and none of them sounded right.

Higher Game said:

I'm using the latest version of Zdoom. I went to the sound option in-game and tried all of the MIDI options, and none of them sounded right.

Do you have a crappy computer like a Compaq Presario?

It's a $300 computer I got from some Korean guys. It's absolutely ancient. Why do you think I play Doom instead of Counterstrike?

(well, Doom is obviously > CS, but that's not my point) ;)

Proper OPL emulation cant be done in any engine. You can try the frequency gargoylol posted, but my experience with ZDooms OPL emulation is...pretty bad.