Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PainElemental

A long forgotten fan fiction

Guys I was looking for that fanfic called "Reality Check" I believe, it was about how Carmack had to beat Doom while Romero and the rest of the id crew watched him - if you got it or know where it can be found, please tell me.

Thx.

No offense, but who why would someone possibly be interested in reading a fan fiction about guys at a software company playing one of their own games?

Ok rereading my initial post it's clear I haven't explained the plot well enough. Well, it begins with Carmack wanting to celebrate the 5th birthday of Doom I think, not knowing there's a chip in his computer especially designed by Romero for improving the Doom graphics. But since it's running on idOS (the OS Carmack wrote for themselves), there's some hardware conflict and he's zapped inside Doom. In the meanwhile Adrian Carmack comes to work, Romero and he wonder what they'd do but then they just have a nice political discussion about US gun laws while Carmack's blasting zombies away. In the meanwhile, the fired Q3 modeller (forgot his name) shows up and begs Adrian to give give him a job at id again, which of course doesn't happen. Later they find a way to communicate with Carmack (by pressing 'T', surprise), and first time they do Carmack shoots himself in the foot because of the sudden voide in his head. Then Trent Raznor shows up, as well as Donna Jeckson, who faints seeing Carmack being hurt by some monster (as always, since she'd saw a dog (I think) under the table and thought it was Romero with an axe). Etc, Etc...
The end is just too much fun to tell you.

So yeah, it's extremely fun to read, the way I described it may not sound so, but believe me, it IS. I've lost it long ago, and am now looking forward to reading it again, so again, if someone knows what I'm talking about, please give me the link.

Thx in advance.