Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

sprite artist for hire

hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone has a really cool project and needs cool new sprite graphics. Technical Darkness seems to be a total failure due to lack of help. so, i think i am just going to work under someone else. i also have been doing some detailed mapping. i am familiar with a little bit of ACS too. i would love to do graphics and map.

if you are interested, reply to this or you can send me a PM. whatever is best.

MY EXAMPLE WORK:
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5935/load38yf.png
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4254/image18yt.png
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5660/frame11sy.png

i do other sprites too, pickup sprites, props, etc.

Sweet Jeeze o_o I know I'm a no-body.. But Im in need A weapon done, and since im a complete -Noob- At Acs and i Can not Draw for the life of me, I need some sprite/script done u_u How well can you do -Enemy- Sprites? and what do you work for ( Ie, payment.. unless you dont want to be paid? )

Corrupted Marine said:

Technical Darkness seems to be a total failure due to lack of help.

I really don't like going offtopic in a thread of high value here, but this sounds just wrong. I've been working on my little (heh, ambitious as hell though) project myself with occasionally recieving help and support for about like uhh.. half of year now. Only recently my friend joined me in creative activities. Progress is slow as hell with my real life, but that doesn't bother me, as long as I do make progress. You shouldn't rely on other people to make your project..

As for hiring, my project doesn't really need any new people ;) we're very ok as a tiny team.

Nmn said:

I really don't like going offtopic in a thread of high value here, but this sounds just wrong. I've been working on my little (heh, ambitious as hell though) project myself with occasionally recieving help and support for about like uhh.. half of year now. Only recently my friend joined me in creative activities. Progress is slow as hell with my real life, but that doesn't bother me, as long as I do make progress. You shouldn't rely on other people to make your project..

As for hiring, my project doesn't really need any new people ;) we're very ok as a tiny team.

yes, but you see, im only good at certain things, i can map detailed objects, and i can do sprites and things, but i am crap when it comes to coding and such, and i really need a coder to help with the project. but i cant find anyone. im looking for an exciting project to work on in the community, and this one is just not going anywhere. i am supposed to be using high res. weapons and textures in this one, but i havent the first clue on how to import the textures and sprites correctly.

Coder issue-ask some yourself! There are plenty of Zdoom Decorate guys who can decorate only and are more than willing to help. Ask at the zdoom forums or the Doom Armory (plenty of weapon modders are quite familiared with Decorate). Also, you could go up posting a couple of screenshots of already done work, like levels, or just raw material, to attract people. C'mon man, you can't expect to just say "I need a coder :'(" and hope for a miracle. Peep's attention needs to be lured some lightspot onto your work.

If that doesn't work-hell, learn coding yourself. I knew jack shit on ACS and Decorate until the need arose for me to make some stuff myself, because my coder was too busy to brag his butt with such minor stuff when he's coding the engine hard-time. Sure I dunno EVERY witsy bitsy of things in Dec and ACS, but I'm still learning and guess what-that does pay off. Enough blubber-There's the zdoom.org/wiki]zdoom wiki and again, ask for help on the forums. People are very helpful there from what I recall.

I'm saying this not because of the project Technical Darkness, which was looking very promising, would be scrapped, but because of this approach to mod making-"I meet a challenge I can't go over so I'm burning it all to hell!" Nope, if you can't overcome challenges like so working with bunch of people will only make the responsiblity eat you. Don't give up on this mod dude! There's plenty of resources done already and if the mod doesn't take off-then what? Trash resources because they can't fit anywhere? That's pointless, just keep building. Do what you can do for now and learn new stuff-that's much better than seeking imaginable help via support from a team of hard working people. I'll finally add that if you think a bunch of ambitious dudes are making it much more of a possibility for a project to be successful than individuals, than I say that mentality is gullable. Compare Tommy Quick aka Fatal, who was abandoned by his team on Doom Resurrection Episode 1 and managed to finish it himself, the Bordeau brothers, who both done Batman Doom and Zan Zan (minus the music artists ofcourse) or Brian Goodsell aka Skadoomer, who lonely is about to make our jaws drop when Foreverhood is done. Now compare these to the mighteh community projects like KDiZD or ZDCMP2 and you'll see what I mean.

Very nice gun frames, but I hope you don't mind me asking, but... do you have the rest/more frames of these guns?

Don't abandon your project, you did a wonderful work so far, if there are things that you can't do, then replace them with things that you can.
Nobody really cares about high-res weapons (for that there are modern games, or even Jdoom), coding? You can replace that with decorate, or even dehacked (you'd be surprised by the magic you can do with dehacked and your imagination).

These that ask for help (and even ask you to show stuff), without any consideration of your (hopefuly not) abandoned project, sorry for this, but for me are vultures.

If you really want to work in other project, just choose the project you find interesting and then offer your help.

well, Nmn, your starting to sound like my dad... lol

i think i would be better working under someone anyways, i mean every project i start just dies in the end.
EX.) The Corruption- the project is so close to being finished, but i have been unable to get in touch with ImpClaw, so the project has basically died i guess... i have no access the the files, and noone seems to even know what The Corruption project is.
its a real shame, because The Corruption only had about 1 level to finish, and then it would be done. but for some reason, i sent ImpClaw the final weapons file, and i still havent heard anything from him.

@ omegaJ4- yes, i can make enemy sprites.

Ermm... I don't know if you care about Hexen, but if you do, there's a project in which I'm part of called Korax' Heritage that's interested in any kind of help, specially mapping. If you are interested in having a look, check the site or post in the forums.

korax-heritage.com

I'm working on my own doom-wad, called Black Metal Doom.
Maybe it sounds stupid, but can you help me out?
PM me and I'll send you some Information..
thx

well, problem guys, ur too late, i have been hired on 2 new projects. LOL
if you guys PM, or Email me, i may be able to help out with what you need.

i can do demon hands :)

anyone who needs help should either PM me or Email me

Mago said:

Ermm... I don't know if you care about Hexen, but if you do, there's a project in which I'm part of called Korax' Heritage that's interested in any kind of help, specially mapping. If you are interested in having a look, check the site or post in the forums.

korax-heritage.com

Glad to see this is still in progress.

boris said:

Freedoom is in desperate need of sprite artists.

YES! Freedoom could use some new sprites.

kristus said:

Glad to see this is still in progress.

Well, although in slow motion, the team never really stopped work on the two main projects. I can't really be proud because I haven't done anything art wise for quite a few months (I blame college and lazyness), but coding and gameplay wise it's coming along quite well.
Expect great things soon for the current project, the multi-play moddification (which, for those who don't know, includes the Doom marine, Hexen characters, Heretic elf and Witchaven warrior-mage character pitted against each other for netplay or bot action). Check the newest trailer here: http://www.korax-heritage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1552

By the way, if you are interested, we do accept any kind of help and multiplay maps (specially if you are into Vavoom, the port we use) are very welcome.

I'm doing something similer to the Hexen character change wad. When i've got all the ideas done. I'll Pm you.

Well, pleaase do, anything Hexen related is interesting for me, since I'm a fan!