Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obi-Groo

Doom story edit question

Hi,

I am very new here and fairly new at editing Doom. I have done some graphics editing this far and tinkered with level makers but not much else. Anyway...I have been looking for a way to change the text in doom that tells the story inbetween levels. I know there must be programs that will let you do that....can someone point me in the right direction as to what Windows or Dos baised programs will let you edit the story text in Doom and Doom 2 and Heritic?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry if this question has already been asked. If it has maybe someone can point me to the right thread. Thanks.

The most widely used and generally compatible method is through a DeHackEd patch (that is either applied on a standard DOS executable, or loaded through the command line with an ehanced engine.) DeHackEd 3.1 is the DOS executable hacker that among other things allows you to change those texts (as well as the level names in the automap.) There is a Windows based clone called WhackEd 2, as well, that also supports an extended variant of the DeHackEd patch which is supported by many engines.