Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaaMQ

lokito (baron) again

So I was the guy supposed to finish the baron replacement, but other things appeared, and I disappeared from here :).

Jon mailed me and I got a look at the sprite again, and didn't liked what I saw at all, so I'll try to do it from scratch, here are the first drawings:

I will (hopefully) finish all the poses in monochome, publish the images and expect for someone to colorize them.

some update on the previous image:

I don't know if this is the right place in the forum to post this.

bye

Very very nice, great work. I'd love to see previews sprites of yours. Also btw if you could make a diferent version with hornes could be a great way to make the baron and knight more diferent.

MaaMQ said:

I don't know if this is the right place in the forum to post this.

This is fine: please continue to post :)

Some update just to say I'm still here :)

Vegeta: for the differentiation of the two bosses we talked some time ago to use different colours. This is as the original game did. Hornes can be done too. As I will not do de colouring stuff, someone else can add the hornes too, but really I don't see the need.

Critics and comments on the WIP are welcome.

Hello.

I'm half way to end the monster. The walking poses are done (20 frames) and the death animation (7 frames) is sketched and almost done. I would like to post a gif animation but I haven't found free hosting for this format. So no pic today.

The rest are the attack poses. There are 4x8 = 32 frames if I do them asymmetric, and 4x5 = 20 frames if symmetric (as the walk poses). I'm inclined for the latest option, because is less work and my time is reduced. I will make him shoot the fireball from his mouth :). Stay tuned.

MaaMQ said:

Hello.

I'm half way to end the monster. The walking poses are done (20 frames) and the death animation (7 frames) is sketched and almost done. I would like to post a gif animation but I haven't found free hosting for this format. So no pic today.

Mail me it and I'll upload it to freedoom.sf.net somewhere.

MaaMQ said:

The rest are the attack poses. There are 4x8 = 32 frames if I do them asymmetric, and 4x5 = 20 frames if symmetric (as the walk poses).

Have you tried sticking the frames into a PWAD and running them in a source port? If not, would you like me to do that for you to see it moving?

Hello, I've done all the images in gray and succesfully created a PWAD.

Note the disturbing pixels in the borders are already fixed.

I mailed Jon a while ago a preliminary version (have you received it?). Anyway, I could submit it "as is" and wait for others to colorize it, or you may wait for me to have time to do such a task.

Cheers,
Manuel

MaaMQ said:

I mailed Jon a while ago a preliminary version (have you received it?).

Yes I received it: sorry for not replying sooner. I've replied to your mail. I was very impressed :)

MaaMQ said:

Anyway, I could submit it "as is" and wait for others to colorize it, or you may wait for me to have time to do such a task.

Feel free to do it if you want to: I will have a go myself once I've fixed the clipped mancubus sprites.

Is a WAD containing the grey version available for download somewhere? I'd like to see it in action :)

Thank you MaaMQ, for making this.
It fits very good to the general freedoom design.

Greetings
Funduke

The humpback old Archvile let himself go.

Wow. This is awesome. At least I will see the dreaded "NOT DONE!" sprite a little less now.

What's wrong with "one bright shade". It doesn't have any natural dividing line to change the color at. Though I can easily make it a bit darker.

Edit:
I've made the Hell Knight a wee bit darker, but doing the same is a bit more difficult for the baron as there aren't as many dark reds as dark browns in doom's pallet.

It has a lot of problems with the pixels on his outside getting lighter rather than darker. The pixels on the edge should get darker to blend in and not "pop" against the darker background.