Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristian Ronge

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Apparently, YouTube hosts the entire series of the early 80's cartoon "Mysterious Cities of Gold" (Thanks for the tag, Ling!) :-)

This is the first episode in a series of 39. The rest can be found via YouTube's search system.

As for legal issues, I should point out that the version found on YouTube is the English speaking version, the licensing rights of which are apparently unclear.

I'm guessing many of you remember this great series from when you were young. Nostalgia ahoy!

Forsome reason, I remember these characters and the intro sequence... but I don't remember a damn thing about the show.

It aired in the US for the first time in 1985 (I think) and later again on Nickelodeon. Throughout the '80s it aired in many countries.

For you to remember it, you would probably have to have been born ~1975 to ~1985 (or have a sibling of that age). Of course, not everyone watched the show back then, heh. :-)

This was re-ran on one of our cheap local cable channels around 90-93 up here in Ontario.

Yah if you just look hard enough you'll see about 90 percent of these old cartoon aren’t officially licensed for America anymore. Got bless studio bankruptcy.

Kristian Ronge said:

For you to remember it, you would probably have to have been born ~1975 to ~1985 (or have a sibling of that age). Of course, not everyone watched the show back then, heh. :-)

i was born in 1982. the only cartoon i remember watching back then was inspector gadget

Quast said:

the only cartoon i remember watching back then was inspector gadget

I loved that show. My other favorites were TMNT and Ghostbusters.