Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Your very first post

Shame yourself a bit, what was your very first post on the forums.

I'm not sure if this is my first since when I joined Doomworld you had to register to the News forum (in the main page) and the "forums themselves" as two diferent things, I joined one of them (can't remember wich and then the other), then I supposed the webmaster/s merged the accounts.

Well here it is (from 2002)

--
I'm currently working in a mod entitled "Waiting for DOOM 3", it consist in a partial converion that hopefully will look (considering the limitations of the DOOM engine,as similar as posible with the DOOM 3 video.
It will have a bunch of monsters with graphics extracted from the movie, and other new, all with a totaly new behavior. Some new textures, and levels.
I finished the monsters, and the textures I think is no problem, what I need is a level editor, because I can make levels, but they don't look vert good.
I'm not sure if someone wants help, I know that all the guys here are busy, but I want to try.

Hopefully soon there will be a website for the progect.
--

Heh I still have this little mod, I should have to clean it up a lot to upload it. You can see my early interest in what years later was called DOOM 2.5 (yet none of the resources were used then).

My first post was a response to a demo Grazza posted (I had sent a couple of speedruns of "This SUXX!" to Opulent which he posted on the SDA, and there said I didn't believe map 32 could be finished from scratch, which, of course, it could, as Grazza showed).

Kristian Ronge said:
Damn.. You're absoultely right. :-)
When I saw your message here I loaded it up myself and made it the first time. The problem I had was I was trying to punch out Romero's ugly head... ;-)

Attaching my first try/first exit. It's slow (16 seconds) but my "quest" is over. ;D

So the first word I posted to Doomworld was "damn", then I made a typo of "absolutely" ... and of course I screwed up the file attachment. Lovely.

Well, it was on some comment thread to the news back in '99... or if that doesn't count, as it's not genuinely a "forum", some early post in the old forums.

myk said:

Well, it was on some comment thread to the news back in '99... or if that doesn't count, as it's not genuinely a "forum", some early post in the old forums.

Same general thing here as well

Here it is.

It features a few too many exclamation marks, is a bit overly cheery and it contains a slight factual error, but it's not such an embarrassing first post.

Kristian Ronge said:

So the first word I posted to Doomworld was "damn", then I made a typo of "absolutely" ... and of course I screwed up the file attachment. Lovely.

It's good to know my stupid splash-damage suicide demo had such an impact. :)

My stupidest post was the first time George W. Bush was going to be elected, there was a poll with the diferent candidates, I said something like.

"I don't care about this because I don't live in the USA, let talk about DOOM" (or something even more stupid)

I'm really ashamed about this, I were a terrible dumbass (more than today) Please don't flame me for this.

Oh that and when I posted a direct link to full versions of Quake and its Mission Packs. Years later somehow I were forgiven and now I have this custom title.

Vegeta said:

I'm really ashamed about this, I were a terrible dumbass (more than today) Please don't flame me for this.

Don't worry; indifference toward American politics is very cool these days.

My first post god im such an retard:

when i first played this game in i believe 93, i was impressed that it had stairs,elevators,teleporters,many monsters,differend lighting effects,ooze pools that could hurt you,exploding barrels.

wolfenstein3d had none of this, that made doom a legendairy game,i am suprised that it is so populair to this date.
i have played doom on differend platforms pc, atari, psx and it still looks and plays good.
with modern games like ut2004 you have to install 6 cd's before you can play and you must have a fast pc to get that game running smooth.

doom will always stay on my desktop,i don't know about you guys.

dutch devil said:
My first post god im such an retard:

OMG, good thing you woke up to reality's call and finally deleted that shitty old game!

fodders said:
This wasn't my 1st post but it's the 1st one on the new board, someone tell me how to find the older posts?

Heh.

This was my first post at dw:

Planky said:

The only slowdown I had with nuts2 was when I had 100 odd archvile all trying to spit roast me :p

It was posted a year after registering.

I've always joined forums by posting in existing threads as if I was a regular, I never have posted a 'HI!!! IM nEW here!!!!11' nor a 'join mah project!' thread.

fodders said:
Nah there are one's way earlier, probably something about doomserv

Probably news comments; the news used another messaging method attached to each news post. The oldest ones were overwritten after some sort of accident.

Typically newstuff-related: (from #74, my true first post, from the old blazeboard was on the first newstuff of 2002)

This is my ferst poast (not a newly-made poopie), having just sorted out my new account. Other side of phobos is a pretty good wad, I enjoyed it. Nice authentic detail, a good trap at the start (quite hard at the start, especially with -fast) and just when I thought it was getting easy, along came the final room to blow that notion away! (although I didn't find the rad until the end)

I was looking for a WAD. The thread's permanently linked in my sig in case anyone ever recognizes it. Considering the infrequency with which I post here, not too likely, but hell, a slim chance is better than no chance at all.

All right, that's a lie. My real first post ever met its end in Post Hell. My sig links to my second post ever.