Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KennyJC

WinDEU & WinXP

As I am going through my every-other-year doom addiction, I wanted to make a map. My beloved WinDEU 5.99b1 no longer works anymore I'm guessing because it hasn't worked since I installed WinXP a few years ago.

It loads the Doom2 IWAD, but when I go to edit Map01, it just crashes and exits.

Anyone know if I can get WinDEU working under WinXP?

If that is impossible what other editors are there? Especially ones that rememble WinDEU?

I fear if I must re-learn an editor my doom bug will wear off until 2008... :(

Maybe you'd want to try Slade, it follows DETH's interface somewhat, and DETH stems from the the DEU standard. Might as well take the opportunity to update your tools now that the anicient ones don't work.

WinDEU is totally outdated. It was crap ever since it got updated for windows 95 (crashed constantly). I say use Doom Builder, since it's very similar to WinDEU in lots of respects.

Well I've tried out Slade for now, I tried to make a two sector thing to figure out how it works, and thought I managed it fine and it looks ok in the 3d preview, but on attempting to run the map I get an error (in PRBoom) saying "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11".

Again... I long for WinDEU...

KennyJC said:

Well I've tried out Slade for now, I tried to make a two sector thing to figure out how it works, and thought I managed it fine and it looks ok in the 3d preview, but on attempting to run the map I get an error (in PRBoom) saying "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11".

Again... I long for WinDEU...

Sounds like the nodes aren't being built properly. Try setting the exact paths to the nodebuilders in the preferences dialog.