Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Odd Eye

Texture alignment problem

I've got a problem with Doom Builder version 1.67. Sometimes when I just create a normal wall, the textures seem to be shifting, like I've added a vertex to it but I can't seem to fix it with normal x and y offsets. I don't know what to do. Help!

No, in 3D mode everything seems fine, but when I play my level some of the textures look sloppy. Like I forgot to align or something but I'm sure I did it right. It's not that I'm like a newbie to making levels. I just changed my Doom Builder to version 1.66 instead of 1.67. Maybe that will fix the problem.

Try a different nodebuilder.

Without knowing which nodebuilder and which exes you are using it is hard to know which might solve your problem, but I'd suggest glbsp (this builds normal nodes if you ask it to - it's not just for GL nodes) or maybe zennode (I haven't used it myself, but I've heard good things about it).

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=580149#post580149

I have and Zennode has never given me any trouble. I prefer version 0.98a, although it doesn't seem to work with Doom Builder (I have to use it separately). Version 1.2.1 does work, though.

I've never had a similar problem, but I can say zennode has shown itself to be a very superior nodes builder when dealing with complex architecture on a 1 or 2-pixel grid. The majority of the scenes in question had at least 10-20 slime trails visible with other nodebuilders I used, but zennode cut them down to only 2-3, and even those didn't show up as often. That was years ago and I've used it ever since. My #1 recommendation.

This happens if you are rebuiling a map made with a previous version of Doom Builder and editing them and saving with a newer version. My maps had that issue when I used DB 1.0 and to make the map and updated them with 1.2.