Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darmuss

Obituary map 1 yellow key?

Now I just can't figure out, how to get that yellow key.

help please...

futhermore is Legacy the only port which handles the wads dehacked somewhat proper? There is alot of missing textures in this wad using Legacy.

Also here.

Darmuss said:

futhermore is Legacy the only port which handles the wads dehacked somewhat proper?

This wad was designed for Doom2.exe, and the dehacked patches are of a standard type that should work OK with any ports that have adequate basic dehacked support. Most ports have that, though some have minor failings in some of the more obscure areas. I don't see anything in these deh files that should trigger any problems though.

Darmuss said:

There is alot of missing textures in this wad using Legacy.

That does happen quite a lot in Legacy's OpenGL mode (more than in other GL ports). It should be OK in software mode. You can possibly solve the texture problems in GKL mode by rebuilding the nodes with a modern nodebuilder, but that actaully changes the wad and affects behaviour (enough to break demo compatibility) - at least keep a copy of the original if you do this.

Thanks guys...

Well now I have discovered that ZDoom & co. are the only ports which doesn't handle this dehacked well. They don't do the Hell knight to Imb thing proper.

other ports however (I've tried anyway) have problems showing the right sprites. I think it's because they are not tagged as sprites in the obtic2-3.wads, because after fixing this it worked perfect for all ports (exept ZDoom).

I haven't tested in this case, but sometimes you need to use deusf with some wads (or go through the installation procedure) even when you're using a port to play them:

deusf -app wadname.wad
I don't understand exactly why that is.