Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

plutonia storyline - wtf?

http://www.dcasali.com/games%20-%20finaldoom.html

"You have been sent deep into the Jungle to re-establish contact with a secret military installation. You arrive there to find the remaining military presence has been either slain or turned into crazed zombies.

You realise the source of the evil has made use of the military Quantum accelerator to skip to alternative time periods, purging all in its path. Your mission is to follow the Evil and seal it in hell where it belongs. The only trouble is, you weren't briefed on how to operate the time machine, so you have no idea where you are about to be taken. All you know is that the evil will have got there first.

They're waiting for you......"

I don't remember a jungle setting, nor a time travel element?

I never took any thought into eigther Plutonia or TNT back story. Its just not important at all. Just think of it as Doom.

If you look at it this way, technically Final Doom is just a really good two mega wads. How many of wads out there have good stories to go along with them? I can name only few.

catdeath said:
If you look at it this way, technically Final Doom is just a really good two mega wads. How many of wads out there have good stories to go along with them? I can name only few.

Indeed; and as for Plutonia itself, I don't see the Casali brothers caring to write a story. Maybe if they were asked to do it, they did, without really caring about it, like "yeah, whatever, this is the story, k?", or perhaps someone else added it for completeness.

These probably were ideas of the Casali, but the manual has a more elaborated plot.

you can see some of these plutonia exits/starts in TNT... which shows they were not ashamed of swapping maps to improve the not so exciting TNT.

VinceDSS said:

you can see some of these plutonia exits/starts in TNT... which shows they were not ashamed of swapping maps to improve the not so exciting TNT.

I dunno about that, TNT really turned me on, especialy Pharoah.

Pharaoh is way above most TNT maps.

Back 96, I used to say TNT was better than Plutonia, because I was a too crappy player to handle plutonia correctly. Now I really think that TNT just basically sucks, playing most maps turns me *OFF*. It's ugly, unimaginative and boring. Except a few maps like 28, 31, 32.

invictius said:

I dunno about that, TNT really turned me on, especialy Pharoah.

WOOOOOAH NOW!!!

I'd like TNT a little better if they had done a little more then add in new textures, music, and maps.
Why would you sell something that is EXACTLY like Doom 2? <_<

Plutonia has never been that good. TNT is better. Of course, most user made megawads are better than Final Doom, like Alien Vendetta, Scythe 2, TvR, etc.

I don't care much for any official Doom after the original. Even Doom 2's levels were lame. Final Doom was just a final sellout. The story is lame because it had to fit in with the game's theme.