Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Simplicity Cancelled

Is this a joke or not? I really don't want to see Simplicty 2 canceled, the first was so entertaining!

Veddge said:

Is this a joke or not? I really don't want to see Simplicty 2 canceled, the first was so entertaining!

We'll see whether it's a joke tomorrow. If AgentSpork *still* says he's cancelling the project then, it's not a joke; until then, I really wouldn't believe anything. ;)

I still have the feeling that this is all an elaborate joke, and that Spork's earlier post about how it's not a joke is just part of the joke.

Well, we'll see.

[quote][..]and I’ve never really enjoyed working on it in the first place[..][quote]Well, honestly, I don't think that someone can pull out such an amazing piece of art if he hates to work on that overall! This IS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE!

AgentSpork said:

It's good to know that you're more interested in the fact that you're the second person to comment on this than the fact that I'm putting an end to one of my largest (and last) projects. Just helps to reinforce my decision.

Ok, but you do realize that you're letting down all the people in the Doom World community don't you? There are hundreds of mappers who look up to you. What kind of role model would you be if you let them all down?

Craigs said:

What kind of role model would you be if you let them all down?

a common one?

Craigs said:

Ok, but you do realize that you're letting down all the people in the Doom World community don't you? There are hundreds of mappers who look up to you. What kind of role model would you be if you let them all down?

He doesn't owe the Doom community anything.

Scuba Steve said:

Unlike you, Zarky, who still owes us one Tremor2 and one Mount Erebus.

Tremor2 is coming along nicely, but Erebus is on hold indefinitely. I'm still not entirely sure which port I'm going to be using for it either.

So does this mean I can't cannabalize simplicity and use its music, textures, flats, and Decorate to make a mediocre "M3g4w4d" that is filled with so many bugs it can't even be finished?

The textures, flats, and music do not belong to me anyway. Rape them all you want if you can manage to figure out which resources belong to which person and credit them for it. Make sure they actually want you using their stuff, too.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be very happy if I found someone was using my DECORATE work.. not that you could really make much use of them since none of the scripts for them are included at all (and won't be in the final release either).. but I'd still be less than happy about it. The same goes for the maps, although that's a given.

Oh, and uh.. that guy on ZDoom.org forums is an imposter and a liar. I swear it.

Somewhat of a lame attempt for an April Fools joke but at least people understood it. Go look at the WOW forums and people are screaming about cancelling accounts due to the new race being "wisps".

I noticed that the progress bars for Episodes 1 and 2 are gone. Is this because they are at 100% now? I didn't want to play through it until it was complete.

I really like this WAD... I'm glad it wasn't cancelled!