Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baronofhell

Archvile

The archvile has more than just one attack in Doom 3 I discovered recently. It happened in Delta Labs 2a, the second time you encounter him on that map where you're on the second floor and he emerges from a bloody hallway beneath you. He'll spawn an imp as usual, but if you stand there and attack him, he'll lift his hands up and burn the floor beneath you, causing serious damage. Another time, I ran downstairs to face him instead of shooting from above, and he kinda shot a heat wave accross the floor and wiped me out. This wasn't the normal fire attack he has, there was no fire, just an orange light sliding across the floor into me. Anybody else notice this?

I've only seen his 'floor wave' attack. I'm yet to see the classic Arch-Vile assault. I've circle-strafed around one for minutes, and still no go.

It has only happened to me in delta labs 2a. Every other time I encounter him, he does his normal spawn an imp, shoot fire thing.

Yes, he still has his classic attack, but seems to use it infreqeuntly, and especially doesnt seem to use it more than once per encounter.

Coopersville said:

I've only seen his 'floor wave' attack. I'm yet to see the classic Arch-Vile assault. I've circle-strafed around one for minutes, and still no go.

You have to stand still, moving is what prevents him from doing it to you.

Go to delta labs 2a(one of my fav levels by the way), and toy with him a bit the SECOND time you run into him, it should happen for you. It does for me every time.