Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Some maps i'd like to play

Some maps i'd like to play:

1) A Doom map with a time-travel plot (but not Eternity), in the shots they used Hexen monsters... i found the page time ago, and now i have forgotten the name !

2) I like SF so i always search for levels set in a Star Ship - can someone suggest me some levels of this type? I say: someone created a Hexen level set on a starship !!!!

3) Well, I like ships too, but i did not find many Doom levels with this style; i only remember a level inspired by the Normandy Attack in WWII

4) I have also an idea: in many Doom levels you find vehicle like boats, airplanes, shuttles and so on... why don't create something like the UAC Vehicles Resource Pack ?

Lets think about this: there are many themed levels - starships, castles, episode 1 style - is there something like a catalogue?

Bye !

Lorenzo

Lorenzo said:

1) A Doom map with a time-travel plot

Would The Astrostein series count?

Lorenzo said:
2) I like SF so i always search for levels set in a Star Ship - can someone suggest me some levels of this type?

Lots of old-school maps. Try for example Icarus, MayDay, Doom Trek.

/themes/startrek and /themes/starwars might be of interest, too.

3) Well, I like ships too, but i did not find many Doom levels with this style; i only remember a level inspired by the Normandy Attack in WWII

The Mystery of Mary Celeste comes to mind (again, old-school stuff).

Lorenzo said:

Some maps i'd like to play:

1) A Doom map with a time-travel plot (but not Eternity), in the shots they used Hexen monsters... i found the page time ago, and now i have forgotten the name !

B4DooM
http://www.geocities.com/b4doomgl/
http://www.geocities.com/b4doom/
The downloads do not work.
If anybody has it, please post it somewhere.
I would like to have it too.

[...] i only remember a level inspired by the Normandy Attack in WWII

Operation Overlord by Enjay
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14095

Greetings
Funduke

1) ... in the shots they used Hexen monsters

You wouldn't be thinking of Herian or Herian2, would you?

Two notable ship levels:
Fragport map6
Herian2 map26
Submarine: Das Boot

There have been quite a lot of maps in a starship-type setting. Some of those by Roger Ritenour are well worth a look.

For an excellent implementation of time travel, try out Doom2.2 or it's sequal; Doom2.2_2

(Foofoo will kill me for bringing these up. I thought they were clever, you just need the right sense of humour to appreciate them.)

Thank you all for the suggestions !

However this time-travel level is still unknown. I'm sure it is none of the ones you wrote (i'm not sure this is English); i remember it was set in different time periods (past, future, and so on), it uses some Hexen monsters (Centaurs) and a new SSG... well i'm sure i did not dream it !!!!

Lorenzo

While it's clearly not the one you're referring to, Odyssey is a good wad with a time-travel theme that I've just remembered.

Use the full text string search. I vividly remember several old, old skool d1 starship maps, but can't remember the wad names. If I want to search wads for a certain theme, I use xp's "search text within file" option to look through my idgames mirror. Actually, about the time I was playing those old starship wads, I was downloading all the wads, but not the database, on a 14k modem... ugh... painful or what?

chopkinsca said:

For an excellent implementation of time travel, try out Doom2.2 or it's sequal; Doom2.2_2

(Foofoo will kill me for bringing these up. I thought they were clever, you just need the right sense of humour to appreciate them.)

dont worry my little friend :) ive been off the murdering recently