Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chopkinsca

Phocas Island 2?

Alpha version of forest

It went to being a GZDoom only project, if only for 3d floors. This isn't going to be anything like doom, nor do I intend it to be. If you want doom, there are thousands of other levels you could be playing.

More info can be found if you look. I always like to hear updates on projects that I look forward to, so maybe someone else will feel the same way.

Looks cool, good idea using textures for tree branches. I doubt you need it but if you need any tree sprites, sounds, or any other resources, I have a few unfinished projects you can use.

Shtbag667 said:

I doubt you need it but if you need any tree sprites, sounds, or any other resources, I have a few unfinished projects you can use.

Unless I can do it myself (suprisingly, I can draw a tree) I prefer to use my own work, but everywhere else I'm welcome to stealing other people's work. Right now, I can't draw rocky textures, so I'm using some from Hexen. I'd like to use my own, but I still can't produce anything that doesn't look like crap in game. If I can't do it myself, I'd still prefer not to use something I don't exactly have permission for.

What sorts of sounds and other resources do you have? Sounds are one thing I'll be needing to find from somewhere. Ambient sounds such as beach (no ocean waves though), forest and cave sounds. Waterfalls and river flow sounds would be helpful too (outside, or in a cave).

chopkinsca said:

Unless I can do it myself (suprisingly, I can draw a tree) I prefer to use my own work, but everywhere else I'm welcome to stealing other people's work. Right now, I can't draw rocky textures, so I'm using some from Hexen. I'd like to use my own, but I still can't produce anything that doesn't look like crap in game. If I can't do it myself, I'd still prefer not to use something I don't exactly have permission for.

What sorts of sounds and other resources do you have? Sounds are one thing I'll be needing to find from somewhere. Ambient sounds such as beach (no ocean waves though), forest and cave sounds. Waterfalls and river flow sounds would be helpful too (outside, or in a cave).

Yeah, I know how you feel, I try to do everything from scratch too. Unfortunately, I only have 1 rock texture. I took a screenshot of one of total annihilation's lava levels and used the ground as a texture. Its mostly solid brown. I guess I techically didn't make it but thats all I have.

For sounds, I go here for the rough samples:
http://www.findsounds.com/
If I find something I like I clean it up in acid pro so it doesn't sound like crap and that it loops properly. I have 3 crickets loops, 2 rain loops, some birds, and a handful of periodic wind. If you find something you like from wherever I could touch it up for you since it won't take more than a few minutes or I could zip up the sounds I made. I've made alot of atmospheric sounds from scratch too, been getting alot of practice from circus667, but nothing really normal. I might be able to create some weird drones/wind for use in caves.

Use3D said:I like that forum too... [/B]

Didn't know about it before? O_o

This looks wonderful. I love the natural setting. please tell me this is going to be a huge map.

jute gyte said:

This looks wonderful. I love the natural setting. please tell me this is going to be a huge map.

It's going to be a hub in which each map should be large. Currently, I have 4 hub maps, with plans for a few more (at least 3 more). I'm trying hard to make it expansive, and lots of room for exploration, but keep it interesting and make it difficult to actually get lost in. There will be many branches in paths you can take to get to the end, so if you do get lost trying to figure out where to go, you are more likely to find a solution if there are two or more instead of just one.

Chopinska, you should check your e-mail.

EDIT: nevermind.

For those that like updates and stuff, I made a small update on progress here

There, now I feel dirty for doing an update on two different forums.