Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frederick the Great

Ed Wood of Doom Wads

Frank Laing, hands down. Just do a search on the /idgames database, download three random wads by him, and play them in any order. I guarantee each and every one sucks. Trust me, I've tried almost every wad by this author.

Noone is as bad as the one making maps out of a common mold.

Even Ed Wood was brilliant in the sense that people still remember him.

Consider that before you discard him as the worst of the worst.

There's a lot of mappers (note that I didn't call them level designers) that I would gladly lable as completely void of any actual competence or talent. But I find it hard to find anyone as charismatic as Ed Wood.

What Kristus said.

I do think sadhusct is pretty charming.

do you know that nmare1 was also the first to be rejected for quility too? LMAO

I would say the maker of The Sky May Be because the WAD is horrible and yet it's brilliant in a twisted way. Plus the guy's webpage is a real piece of work.

I downloaded nmare1 but none of the levels had been replaced (which is strange, because the logo and title screen were changed).

GoatLord said:

I downloaded nmare1 but none of the levels had been replaced (which is strange, because the logo and title screen were changed).

It's for Doom(1) or Ultimate Doom. BTW, if a wad doesn't include a text-file, one quick way to see what levels it includes (and thus what iwad it works with too) is to open it up in XWE.

Doom Rampage edition...Didn't like it. And why did he defend it. Saying everyone else liked it?

Doom Rampage, anybody can upload a shitty wad, but it'll probably be forgotten, even if the shitty wad is remembered, the creator will be forgotten, however i dont think Doom Rampage will ever be forgotten

The only way he could be beaten would be if Username made a wad...