Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cycloid

ducks, like, what?!

what is the most freaky thing about ducks?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what is the most freaky thing about ducks?

• All those trees and buildings and they nest in the reeds
    • All that land and they swim about on the water
    • ...i mean it\'s not like they live on the sea, of which there\'s plenty is it?
    • All that green grass and they dunk underwater to eat, what is it they eat apart from bread exactly?
    • They have the most elegant singing voices, not,: \"AACK\", WTF is that, do they have continually sore throats?

i was in the park this weekend with the hellspawn and realised that ducks are actually quite freaky. what do you lot think?

The way they look calm and serene when viewed from above the water level, but below water it looks like frantic activity.

And the way that when they dive, and you are viewing them from below the water level, they can look silvery due to the thin layer of air that is trapped by their feathers.

Our ducks won't leave for south when winter comes anymore. Dumb fucks....Er ducks. Now I have to feed their billed mouths so they won’t starve. Their all dessssssssssssssspicable!

Ducks eat many things such as fish, frogs, insects and assorted greens. A fairly varied diet actually.

One more thing: they can look a bit like cats. You know, when a cat is sitting in a low position with all its legs tucked in underneath so you can't see any of them.

Grazza said:

One more thing: they can look a bit like cats. You know, when a cat is sitting in a low position with all its legs tucked in underneath so you can't see any of them.

Heh, my cat's a fat tortoiseshell and looks like a meatloaf when she does that. Hence her nickname.

Back on topic:
ABCDEDBD DUCKS
MRNOT DUCKS
OSARCDEDBD WINGS
YIBMR DUCKS

Ducks really are freaky. When I was kid, I'd go to my grandma's house and get chased by them (did bread have someone to do with that? I don't remember). The Afflak duck is awesome, though. Squirrels are freaky, too, they like to run in front of cars and laugh at people.

TheDarkArchon said:

I'd say that if it wasn't for the fact the first thing with it here was a swan :P

What? You never heard of the ugly duckling? ;)

My friend's girlfriend is about to start working on the RSPB reserve there. Timing huh?

th only thing freaky about them is when they hang upside down, featherless, in a chinese market. creepy.

hmm if anyone's read Edward Lear's Nonsense Book (that old book of nonsense poems) a lot of the art always seemed really creepy and surreal in my childhood mind :P anyway one of the pictures (of a duck) is probably the weirdest duck thing for me. Its weird cause the art was realistic and all but I mean something about it.

I once saw a duck bite onto the ass or tail feathers of a freaking huge swan (thing is probably over 4 ft standing straight up) and the swan swam around in a little circle franticly until the duck came off.

Look a duck in the eyes, you’ll die… laughing. That’s the big evil power.

Gokuma said:

the swan swam around in a little circle franticly until the duck came off.

Is it just me or does that sound very, very wrong?

Both those types of ducks and normal ducks are awesome. There's a yearly tour in pittsburgh which includes the vehicle ducks going into a very large lake with ducks. :P