Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Semper Fi

Weapon Sprites

How would I convert a picture of a weapon (first person view) into a sprite? is there some kind of program that will do this?

Just change the file into a BMP with the 256 color format and that all the "clear" areas are cyan, which is "0 255 255." Inserting it into a WAD can be done with a program like wintex or XWE.

ok thanks but for some reason the sprite doesnt show when i put it in place of the original weapon sprite. why is this?

hmm.. I assume that its just blank and you can't see the original weapon's frame either.. If thats the case then you just have to set the offset. I use wintex for offsets, not sure how to do it in other programs. Theres an X and Y offset bar on the right in wintex, just select the sprite, move the offsets to something similar to the original sprite and press the apply button.

what im trying to do is change the pistol, its offset is X:-126 Y:-106. It says something about 800 X 600 should i change the weapon sprite picture to 800 x 600?

800x600? I'm going to assume that that's how large your weapon sprite is - and outside of GZDoom, I don't know of any source port that supports weapon graphics as large as that. Size your sprites down to 320x200.

alright i got everything working right now. BUT for some reason there is purple all around the gun, and i painted it all 0 255 255 Cyan

I think that happened to me before, it wasn't in the 256 color format. I use window's paint to "save as" it into the 256 format.

I figured out why this is happening. I saved it as a 256 BMP, then downsized it and resaved. becuase of the change in format it splashed different shades of Cyan all around the weapon. when tested these shades would become purple.Then when I would go back and recolor it all Cyan I would save in 256 BMP which negated my recoloring and resplashed different shades of cyan. What I need to do is resize the image, save it as a 256 BMP, recolor it Cyan then save as a 24 BMP.