Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

wad/megawads that form a series

Particularly, I'm after a series of wads made by the same author, that were meant to follow one after the other, but not compiled into a megawad. Searching my mirror for "series" in any txt would bring up far too many errenous results...

invictius said:

Particularly, I'm after a series of wads made by the same author, that were meant to follow one after the other, but not compiled into a megawad. Searching my mirror for "series" in any txt would bring up far too many errenous results...

Searching for the name of the author or the series might help.

Alex Parsons's World's End series springs to mind.

Alexis Neuhaus could have joined his rw and rw2 together to make a 30-map wad. (He'd need to renumber them, and I don't recall if he used the special map07 stuff in rw2 - he did so in rw.)

Obviously there's Eternity/Serenity/Infinity.

Gene Bird has not as yet compiled his Blind Alley series into a single wad (I recall he had that as a long-term intention).

It looks, like i understood the question completey wrong.
look also for the 'Cabal' series by Sverre Andre Kvernmo.

funduke said:

It looks, like i understood the question completey wrong.

I wasn't completely sure what the request was for (though I think it is probably a general question), but decided to give an answer that might be helpful in either case. :)

Talking of Kvernmo's maps, I suspect that if some of the maps in Master Levels had been released "normally", then some of the mappers might have assembled them and others they created into mini-episodes. That also goes for both Jim Flynn's Titan series and Dr Sleep's Inferno series, which were partly Master Levels, and partly freely available.

Grazza said:

I wasn't completely sure what the request was for (though I think it is probably a general question)

Yup, anything that says "part x in my x series" made by the same author(s).

OK, a few more:

The Odessa series by Bob Evans. Sadly only Odessa14 is publicly available AFAIK - I have a handful of the earlier ones, but they are all non-distributable (Evans didn't want them ending up in shovelware, I believe).

I'm less familiar with some of the following, but I think they fit the description:
The Dickie series by Richard Wiles
The Eulogy series by Mike "Cyb" Watson
The Artica series by Mike "Cyb" Watson
The chord maps by Malcolm Sailor
Various wads (kboom**, kzdoom**) by Kurt Kesler (though he did release one compilation wad recently)
The swmort series by Sam Woodman and Mattias Berggren
The warcade series by Sam Ketner
The zap series by Andy Badorek
The apoch series by Rick Clark
Michael "Prower" Reid's maps, named prwrsv**

EDIT: invictius: please don't "combine" any of these or others suggested here into a single wad. It is improper and disrespectful to do so (and there is a definite chance of breaking something), unless the author has given specific permission for precisely this to be done. Though why they would, but not actually do so themselves, is not clear, unless they didn't actually know how - and I'm sure that doesn't apply to anything mentioned here. If that was your sole intention in starting this thread, then in one way I regret responding at all, but hope that the thread is nevertheless useful to other people.

Selfish series by Paul C.
Zort Series by Cyb
Flay the obscene by Chris Hansen
Spooky by Richard Viles. (later released as a episode called crusades)
Classic by Jan van der Veken (later released as a full episode wad)

There was a cool series called "Brains!", the first one had dodgy architecture, and the second one was a bit better, but they had cool weapons and enemies, mostly unarmed zombies, and some strong imps and 'insane' fellow marines. I dunno if number 3 was ever made

I've released dmdjm[01-02] and there was supposed to be 4 more released but they'll end up in something else a bit more exciting by the end of the year. The single player level-by-level releases of 98/99 were always a nice weekly event.

The two Memento Mori megawads, the two Hell Revealed megawads, and the two Darkening episodes.

Not to mention my Twilight Zone wads, twzone.wad and twzone2.wad. Who knos, twzone3.wad could follow some day in the future?

You are all leaving out the Invaders series for Doom1. Espacially Invaders2, for it's time, was one of the most absolutely amazing levels I had played, not to mention the wicked music helped pace it. Give it a try :)

Can anyone let me know if they have a problem with me altering their series wads (not distributing of course)? If you've released them as seperate wads, all map01, I just want to put them in order in the one pwad...

invictius said:
Can anyone let me know if they have a problem with me altering their series wads (not distributing of course)?

For personal use (not distributing, like you said) you can do whatever you want with any wad.