Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zark

Map Drawing Software

OK, I'm working on a project and I'm trying to find some decent software to draw maps (area maps, country maps, continent maps, etc.). I've had a look on the net and I can't seem to find anything that fits my "criteria". My question is this: does anyone know of any good mapping software? I'd love to be able to draw a world map, zoom in to the countries, add cities, physical details like mountains, rivers, add political borders, stuff like that, and also do normal map stuff like draw shorelines and shit.

I was considering just using a vector graphics package to do this but I don't think it'll be that easy. Like, if I wanted to move a city, I'd have to move the city symbol itself AND the text for the name. It'd be a lot of hassle to do some fairly simple things.

If anyone could let me know if such a piece of software exists, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like one of the programs for RPG games would help you, like Campaign Cartographer. But you might find professional CAD programs for cartography, as well.

myk said:

It sounds like one of the programs for RPG games would help you, like Campaign Cartographer. But you might find professional CAD programs for cartography, as well.

I've had a brief play with Campaign Cartographer but I can't seem to get my head round it. I'm also not sure if it'll do what I want it to do but I'll look into it.