Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

oh my god motherfuckers!

Devin Townsend is the best fucking musician on the planet!

I've got these Ocean Machine MP3s cranked. It has to be HEADPHONES, and good ones. It reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly helps if you're good and fucking stoned, and I mean stoned motherfuckers, not loose.

Some musicians can just make these sounds that fucking roll through you when you're stoned. I hate to admit it but Limp Bizkit is pretty damn good at it too.

But anyway, Ocean Machine is full of them. On top of this, there's these KICKASS hidden things you catch when you're stoned.

The Seventh Track, "Voices In The Fan", is absofuckinglutely amazing. There is like this whole hidden synth lead that just constantly hops from left to right, it's a really simple beat but it really is fucking AMAZING.

Right now I'm listening to the Second Track, "Life", which is a VERY upbeat and pop-ish song, strange for the guy. =) Anyway the song just ROLLS baby, it rolls. And it has these hills it climbs up and down... but the whole song doesn't jump, it graduates into everything else. Fucking great.

Anyway, when it's rolling upwards to his chorus voices there are sometimes these really quite voices in the background. And I could've SWORN TO GOD I heard Devy say "I alone love you" hidden right before one of those top of the hill moments... that climax into the badass guitar. =)

[edit]Whoops I forgot what song I heard it in. My bad. Don't worry. It's in the First Track, "Seventh Wave". You can hear "I alone love you", in the background starting at about 4:08 and going for a good four seconds.[/edit]

If I find it I'll let you know. All I know is last night I listened to this CD but I didn't enjoy it this much baby.

I dunno. I'm so offkilter here I think I'm hearing the space between the 40 frames a second of MP3. I'm wearing two sweaters. You motherfuckers had better not delete this thread before I get at least 20 fucking replies, aight?

Terria has been out for months and he's still figuring out Ocean Machine... sheesh.

I d/l'ed Home Nucleonics (Strapping Young Lad) the other day. That's one freaky song.

deadnail, here's a fact: Everything sounds good when you are stoned.

I d/l'ed Home Nucleonics (Strapping Young Lad) the other day. That's one freaky song.

Bah, that's like the worst song on City. Filler at best.

Oh My Fucking God and Underneath the Waves are great, especially the midsection in OMFG where you'd expect a guitar solo or something and he does it vocally :P

Terria has been out for months and he's still figuring out Ocean Machine... sheesh.

I told you though, even over Physicist and Terria, Ocean Machine is my damn favorite... and God, once you let yourself get in sync with this CD it will overtake you.

Get Underneath The Waves, AAA or Happy Camper instead. =)

deadnail, here's a fact: Everything sounds good when you are stoned.

No, Mary Manson still sucks. Sometimes Dark Side of the Moon is a bit too creepy when you're stoned, too. The lunatic is on the grass.... oh man, change the song. =)

yeah, everything is alot funnier too

Holy God you ain't kidding. ^.^

They should distribute weed with most products then...much easier than make something with quality.

VOTE YES ON PROP 420!

Oh My Fucking God and Underneath the Waves are great, especially the midsection in OMFG where you'd expect a guitar solo or something and he does it vocally :P

I can't wait for my OH MY FUCKING GOD longsleeve shirt to get here. =D

LoL! Brian is so hot!!

Shut up and grow more pubes, you pubefarm.

They have a few songs I like. I'm one of the few people that can listen to both them and Slayer. =]

Nah man Limp Bizkit still sucks but I will admit they use a lot of good sounds for when you're stoned. =)

you might catch me listening to linkin park, limp bizkit, slipknot, but you will NEVER catch me listening to NIN.

Slayer is the main shit I listen to though, than Testament.

you might catch me listening to linkin park, limp bizkit, slipknot...

Wow...you have such great and diversified tastes. You are a true conissiur of music.

Considering the new Slayer is just about as bad as them, that's not surprising to hear anymore.

Lut, you don't know what you're talking about, but to make you happy I'm also a big fan of the old Slayer, Pantera, and Testament.