Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

Pc Special Edition?

Well the game has been out for a long time now. Do you guys ever think we will see a dvd edition with extras that come with it?

X-Box got one why not us.

Would you buy a specail edition if they made one?

Maby it could come with a Doom 3 Cyber-Demon miniature. Or they could go all out and package it with a Doom 3 T-shrt and put the shirt size on the box.

I dont see it happening. The special edition was probably a push from microsoft to give people an extra incentive to buy an X-Box, or at least buy more games for it.

Oh and the Mac version comes on a DVD, if you really want it in that medium :P

Most of the the stuff in the Collector's Edition of Doom 3 can be found by anyone with the Internet anyway. I don't see any real reason for there to be another PC release, and an extra miniture or t-shirt doesn't require a special edition in the first place.

Give it like, maybe another year or two, you'll see Doom 3 and ROE in a package (probably Doom 3 Gold or something) in a hybrid CD-ROM or hybrid DVD-ROM like Q3A Gold was.

If they released the XBox SE extras, then no, it wouldn't be worth it at all. For more explaination, dig up an old post of mine that I created after buying the special edition of the xbox version.