Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frederick the Great

Zdoom Maps that simulate terrain

"ZTerrain", a terrain generator by... err... Grubber I think... has good examples of Terrains or wait for KDiZD, Vader did some amazing work in E1M3 with real sloped terrains :) Or even try chopkinsca's maps, some of them also use a lot of slopes to generate nice terrains :)

If my current project was released, I would point you to that, as it has a lot of sloped terrain.

Only other maps I can think of with good slope usage for terrain is The Island and The Island 2

That terrain generator is nice, but I would never use it.

There's a zdoom wad that I think is simply called island.wad, which does an impressive job of simulating terrain. It's a pretty huge map and it looks nice, particularly on Gzdoom.

Mock2 map09 or 11 comes to mind, whichever was the Egyptian desert/pyramid one I did.

Lüt said:

Mock2 map09 or 11 comes to mind, whichever was the Egyptian desert/pyramid one I did.

Oh, so you were the one who made that map? I guess it makes sense, coming from the guy who absolutely can't stand slopes. :P

Lüt said:

omfg best tarrain evar

As far as terrain goes I usually make it myself, I've tried using Grubber's tool but so far I've had troubles understanding whats what with the images.

Maybe I'm just lazy, as usual...

AgentSpork said:

Oh, so you were the one who made that map? I guess it makes sense, coming from the guy who absolutely can't stand slopes. :P

Heh, honestly, I had an old Egyptian map I made back in '95 or '96 which I was thinking of sprucing up with some sand dunes and pyramids (amidst other things) when slopes first came out. But, I knew I'd never get around to it, so I just made the Mock2 map instead.

Lüt said:

Hey Lüt!, I have now allready released all my Doom Millenium maps. Hm hm hm hm, I rescued them for sure

pcorf said:

Hey Lüt!, I have now allready released all my Doom Millenium maps.

OMG Names Plz (and locations if they arent in the archive)