Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nullpo

Some questions [Strife and hexdd]

1. You might be able to find it on Ebay
2. Hexdd.wad is the expansion pack for Hexen called Deathkings of the Dark Citdael

Ichor said:

You have to buy it.

I don't get it. If these things aren't being marketed anymore, why can't you just download them? <_<

Craigs said:

I don't get it. If these things aren't being marketed anymore, why can't you just download them? <_<

The are still copyrighted stuff.

Greetings
Funduke

Craigs said:

You might want to become more familiar with the concept of "copyright", and...

Todd Hollenshead said:
However, "commercial viability" is not a prerequisite for copyright infringement.

funduke said:

The are still copyrighted stuff.

Greetings
Funduke

Dammit, then WHAT ABOUT the DOOM2 music, the DOOM1-reg. music, the HERETIC/HEXEN-reg. music, the SKY graphics, the MONSTER graphics and many others which are so liberally distributed in PWADS ???? Hell, I knew they're copyrighted somewhat too!

Technically speaking it's all illegal. But nobody really cares. You can't piece together the original game without the levels - which normally are the main motivation to buy the game after all.

Ebon said:
Dammit, then WHAT ABOUT the DOOM2 music, the DOOM1-reg. music, the HERETIC/HEXEN-reg. music, the SKY graphics, the MONSTER graphics and many others which are so liberally distributed in PWADS ???? Hell, I knew they're copyrighted somewhat too!

Um, DOOM stuff in DOOM isn't problem; that's in the license even. I would say Heretic stuff should not be used in DOOM, though. Aside from that this thread is about getting an expansion pack, which is a commercial product you buy (and is not free), not about what you can put in a PWAD.