Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

editing map names

I've merged the master levels into the one wad, and I want to rename the maps, in the automap text and the kills/items/secrets summary to reflect this. How would I go about it?

The only way to change the map names is to make a dehacked patch. The intermission screen images are easier.

That said, different ports let you do it in nicer ways. In Legacy/SMMU, you can put the name in the header lump. EDGE probably lets you use EDF. I'm pretty sure ZDoom has a neat way of doing it.

Each level has a corresponding image lump in the IWAD, named CWILV**. The number in the name is offset by one from the map number, so the image for MAP01 is CWILV00, the image for MAP02 is CWILV01, etc. Knock up an image in your favourite image editor and import into the WAD/add to your WAD build file.

I already explained this shit specifically to this guy on another thread, and here's he's making the same generic questions again.

myk said:

I already explained this shit specifically to this guy on another thread, and here's he's making the same generic questions again.

Sorry bloke, I realised that at the first reply. My memory isn't so great - I'm being treated for (minor) cancer, and a side-effect is not having such a great memory. Anyway, I use jdoom primarily, and itsa piece of pie to alter text with that.