Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ixfd64

how much time have you spent on the Doom series

Well, since the classic Doom series has been out for well over a decade now, I'm wondering how much playing time do you guys think you have spent on it? It can be any add-on pack or map, as long as it's classic Doom.

Me? I think I've probably spend aroud 1,000-3,000 hours total. I could be way off, though.

11 and a half years of Dooming, maybe on average 5 hours per week, comes to around 3000 hours.

ixfd64 said:

I could be way off, though.

Ditto.

Probably around 140 days or so. That's 3364 hours.

Good thread btw, thumbs up to the OP.

Not sure at least alot more time than any other shooter out there.
I spend more time on mapping for doom than playing doom maps, or it just feels like that :p

Quite a long time myself, since i was not a console gamer at all i have nothing but this game to reflect upon in "most amount of time consumed with a video game" to many an outsider i guess it would be considered "pathetic" but i enjoyed myself. my time spent on doom has been cut down to around +/- 3hrs./week since im more apt to get into a game of q3a excessive/powerweapons for a quick dm fix. but yeah, several thousand easily.

I spend most of my time with Doom mapping, not playing. The time I spend mapping and playing combined is probably about 3-4 hours on the weekdays, and somewhere around 5-6 on the weekends. (yeah, that's probably a bit too much), and I've been doing that for about a year and 4 months.
So, I've probably spent at least 2208 hours on Doom. It's probably more like 2700, but I can't really say how many more hours I've played it throughout the rest of my life.

Oh who knows! I have been playing off and on since 1996. It would have to be in the thousands of hours though.

I played it for a good 5, maybe 6 hours yesterday. Wouldn't know about the total amount of time spent, I've been playing (almost non-stop) since '95 (although I was first introduced to the game in '93, by my half brother). It'd be an awful lot, at any rate.

I used to play the game alot when it first came out but i stopped playing in '99. A couple weeks ago i decided to start playing again though i play much less and spend more time mapping now.

I can spend as much as 6 hours or more a day working on my wad project when i have nothing to do. Probably too long but once you get started working its easy to loose track of the time sometimes.

The games never off. It’s always running in the background. I just know I've played it too much. I think my constant hours made me sterile. NO REGRETS!

Probably 98,000 hours. See, I keep my computer running demos just to add to my "DOOM activity" time, which I always proudly keep track of. It's really important to me, like my post count...

Seriously, I've no idea how much time, nor does it occur to me how to compute it. I wouldn't even remember. Probably quite a lot, though, relatively speaking.

EDIT: Heh, Erik, we cross posted with somewhat similar replies.

Oh, I've spent roughly eight or so years playing, though I've not touched DooM since about '02, until these past few days.

Most of my time used to be spent designing arena levels, but lately, I've been thinking up a new set of graphics for the critters.

I'll post some of my ideas in one of the graphic/WAD development forums.

Not nearly as much as I have with Half Life.
To be honest, I think that Steam is done a lot better then some of the Doom connectors we have.

I'm not entirely sure...

I've spent about 5 years modding, 2 years earlier playing single-player games + the years while modding, and a total of 2.5 years playing online. Hmm... maybe about 8-9 years total playing. I'm not sure how many times I've played the shareware version of Doom, so maybe it's a tad bit longer than that.

Wait, there were times where i did take breaks from Doom playing Quake 2 and other games, but I always went back to Doom though...

I don't know, but I don't really want to know either. I'm certain I've spent more time playing Doom than any other game I own, though.

More time than I've spent on pursuing any sort of social life.

I dunno, when I was 14 I was really obsessed with it, but now I'm branching out into other games.