Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Out of This World (Another World UK) remastered

POLL!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. POLL!

• I purchase now!
    • I will pirate this game because I don\'t want creativity to thrive.
    • I\'m just fine with my old version.
    • I know not this Another World of which you speak.

http://www.anotherworld.fr/

OK, so it's been on every news site for the past week, but just in case someone missed it: the game is now hi-res and for sale once again. I'm going to see if I can buy this and relive epic fights with large angular aliens.

I think the best part of the game was letting the beasts loose and hearing people screaming in the other room. That, and no game since (except maybe Resident Evil 4) has made dying so fun. Post your favorite moments from the game!

Gamespy wrote:
Okay, so it's not much of a remake; all they really did was use the same vectors for the original game and scale them for higher resolutions and add some new background art.

Verdict: I'm fine with my old version.

Aside from the new background art, this version is virtually the same in terms of quality as the Macintosh version (which also had its vectors scaled up).

I really, really wish somebody would make a complete remake of this instead of just changing little bits of it. Like, 3D character models instead of 2D vectors, a world that seems more alive...

I'm fine with my old version(s), personally. I don't see the point in buying the game again for such miniscule changes.

I played a "shareware" version of the remastered edition.

It's another one of those "What the FUCK have I been missing?!" games. Which means it's a game I should've played a long-ass time ago.

I'd definitely buy this. I don't care if it's fucking 2D, graphics are irrelevant just as long as it's fun.

I didn't really care for the game when it first came out, and this remastered version doesn't make me want to try it again.

mallis said:

how is a remake of (a pretty awesome, if linar and short) snes game encouraging creativity?

If it makes money, the man (read: genius) who made it might be inclined to make other games.

mallis said:

how is a remake of (a pretty awesome, if linar and short) snes game encouraging creativity?

Because it reintroduces a classic to the current, stupid, ignorant "gfx is everytihng" generation of gamers?

Oh, and it's originally an AMIGA game, not snes. (the snes port sucked)

You can download the 30-second demo and realize that no, the save system is still in place and it pwns you.

Captain Red said:

I hope they add a less brutal save system.

It doesn't restart the entire level anymore.

I played the SegaCD version some years ago. I found the intense amount of specific things you're supposed to do to be very restricting, and didn't bother getting too far into it. I did warp to most of the 30 or so maps and rarely got a few minutes into each. Of those styled games, I liked Flashback a lot better. I at least won that one on my own :P