Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

lolanigans

It's legal to a point. But eBay could always declare fraud, and the seller would have to challenge in court. Unless the seller has deep pockets and a good lawyer, he/she would lose.

Because they don't bother to read the text in the auction. Some people are so utterly dumb it defies belief.

Besides, it may be legal in the US but don't try to do this in Germany. Your lawyer will be a happy guy if you do! ;)

Yes, but what I'm getting at is that it could be used as "evidence" of attempted fraud in court. The textual description, though, makes it absolutely clear that only the box is for sale, so the seller would likely win any such court case.

By the way, I'm not sure this guy is trying to scam anybody. There is a market for original packaging, much like there is a market for e.g. empty beer bottles. People collect anything...

You're absolutely right, the price range indicates that the bidders believed they were bidding on a PSP and not just the box. But I never said it didn't. I was talking about the seller's intent (fraud, or -- perhaps highly unlikely -- a genuine belief that somebody would be interested to buy the Value Pack box, coupled with an unfortunate stock photo selection provided by Ebay(?)).

Anyway, people need to learn how to read.

Heh, idiots never cease to amaze me.

And its not fraud when you clearly state what your selling and deliver just that.