Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

gzdoom textures

No, trolls/invictius haters, this isn't something that's been gone over before :P

If you want high resolution textures you can use the doomsday ones, but it takes some tweaking. I personally do not know how to set up that stuff in Gzdoom, but I'm sure someone here can help you.

Any voulonteers? :D

If you're talking about the retexturing add-on for Doomsday, I wouldn't bother considering how it's a horribly uneven mess of high quality vs. amatuerish textures and quite a few of them don't repeat well.

GoatLord said:

If you're talking about the retexturing add-on for Doomsday, I wouldn't bother considering how it's a horribly uneven mess of high quality vs. amatuerish textures and quite a few of them don't repeat well.

I hope your talking about the "doom2retexturing project" (that has been dead for ages) and not the "jdoom texture pack" (which is the current uptodate one) my good sir.

... which is almost as inconsistent as the old one. Many textures are not properly laid out or are inconsistent with ones they are supposed to match. And, of course there's still too much filtered crap in there.

Graf Zahl said:

... which is almost as inconsistent as the old one. Many textures are not properly laid out or are inconsistent with ones they are supposed to match. And, of course there's still too much filtered crap in there.

Examples please. So they can be improved / replaced

Meh, I'm more than happy with the models and textures. In fact, that's the only thing stopping me from exclusively using zdoom.

kristus said:

Do it yourself.

If I knew how, I would. If it was common knowledge, or something that had been asked before, the guy would have (perhaps angrily) shown me search results. Unless its as simple as putting md2 and textures folders into the gzdoom directory, I'm in the dark...

The texture pack is older than GZDoom but if you follow the instructions for ZDoomGL you should get it to work.

Graf Zahl said:

The texture pack is older than GZDoom but if you follow the instructions for ZDoomGL you should get it to work.

Do you think that a similar thing would work for md2's as well?

Not quite an example of what was being asked for, but I remember that there are a few textures that should look different, but which don't.

I remember, for example, one (or maybe more?) of the cement textures looked just like another one when in fact it should have been unique. There are a few more like that too. So, whilst you are waiting for people to point out the ones they consider bad, you could make these textures unique and therefore create a full set rather than faking it with duplicates. From memory, most only required minor changes which would be easy for someone with the skills.

One of my dislikes is the fact that the green marble textures don't look shiny and marbly, but rather quite dull, matt and faded. The style of the faces on the marbface textures look good (although the baron is a different colour to the rest of the set) but the basic base colour and appearance of the entire set is wrong IMO.