Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

psx master levels - any good?

I ask since the pc levels weren't compiled as an iwad. Do they play well as a series (considering they're all meant to be played with the standard 50 bullets+pistol on pc)? Also, does anyone know what order the levels were put in?

First off, not all 21 are in the game (only 13) and they are way easier in a series because the ones chosen were easy levels:
ATTACK
VIRGIL
CANYON
COMBINE
CATWALK
FISTULA
GERYON
MINOS
NESSUS
PARADOX
SUBSPACE
SUBTERRA
VESPERAS

DeumReaper said:

First off, not all 21 are in the game (only 13) and they are way easier in a series because the ones chosen were easy levels:
ATTACK
VIRGIL
CANYON
COMBINE
CATWALK
FISTULA
GERYON
MINOS
NESSUS
PARADOX
SUBSPACE
SUBTERRA
VESPERAS

How do they go about including dr sleep's night sky texture?

I think all his levels in there have the night sky1 i.e. GERYON, VIRGIL but IIRC some of the other levels have it too (SUBSPACE/SUBTERRA & VESPERAS, maybe others).

I didn't played the psx version but I wouldn't be surprised if they removed rooms. Also the maps are designed for pistol start, just some of them have the night sky, and go play the original version, it's like listening a remix of certain music without knowing how's the original piece.
Personaly I find the Master Levels to be one of the better in the series, all the maps where designed with particular dedication (except that secret map), you'll don't find any of these maps you feel that where designed fast to fill the map slots, and no crazy stuff ala Sandy Petersen maps.

I played the Master Levels on PC years ago, so I can't really remember what the main differences are between it and the PSX version. From what I can determine they're more like Hurt me Plenty than Ultra Violence, if you get my drift. However, the music, sound effects and excellently implemented colored lighting makes them a blast to play.

There are no real differences between the PC and PSX versions (design-wise), just the music and night sky replacements (over more levels than originally like i said earlier).