Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azriel

Talent hunt

Wow. That was really good. I'm serial, that was top-notch quality. Why zdoom though? Only feature I saw was transparent textures.

I'm serial though, that was professional.

*Cough* wish someone would move this to a mroe popular forum *cough*

I played it. Map1 came off well, with good gameplay and looks. From there things went symmetrical and that's always boring. Why are the maps so dark with all the lights stuck everywhere?

Epyo said:

Wow. That was really good. I'm serial, that was top-notch quality. Why zdoom though? Only feature I saw was transparent textures.

Ugh. I only made it through about half of that episode because he kept using 'serial'.

Epyo said:

Thanks. Btw, it's not for zdoom, it's for boom :)
There will be some other features of boom in later levels but we wanted to stick close to doom itself.

@use3d: Yes, I admit level 2 & 3 look alike but there will be enough totally different levels don't worry.

Map02 was made by me and did some detailing on map03, they are pretty dark I know.
I wanted to give the player an bit of an doom2 underhalls feeling when playing map02.
The basic layout for map03 was made by Azriel and detailing was done by me.
Map01 was made by Azriel alone :)

dutch devil said:

Map02 was made by me

HEH

While I was playing it I thought to myself 'Oh he ripped off DD's 1024 map with those imps on the cliff' :P

Well, I liked the spacey and 'undetailed' rooms of map01 the most. It has a really good atmosphere for a map that consists of 4 areas only.

The other 2 maps felt a bit boring, and the copy-paste detail didn't really fit the feel of the wad that map01 created. Some of it was left in map03 though, and that's why I think it's better than map02.

And ya might want to give the teleport fog actor a longer lifespan, ATM it's too short to play the full sound.

Hehehe nope this map was made before that 1024 map of mine, too bad you found it boring :(
Copy and paste yes agreed too much, thats why im not mapping no more im getting the habit of doing that too much.
Im taking things easy atm kinda have to cause ive made a new friend called "mappers block"

Yeah, map01 was better. But the wad did have a good atmosphere, and I felt a lot of classic wibes when I played it. I had a lot of fun in it.

Now, change that pityful titlepic before anyone else see it.

Yes I will make the map brighter though I liked the idea to make my map pretty dark.
But I think an dark map will only make it frustrating to play if you don't now what to expect, so I prefer better gameplay than the darkness.

dutch devil said:

Map02 was made by me and did some detailing on map03, they are pretty dark I know.

Yeah that explains everything.

SlayeR said:

Map02: The map itself is nice, but it really needs more brightness.

I liked the light in that map.

Sorry that this isn't about joining, but I wanted to say something about the title of the wad.
If you ask me, 'Annie' doesn't sound very 'doomish'. I understand your reason for naming it this, but, if I were the project leader I probably would have chose something else. Just a thought though. =)

I have to agree with you on that.
Annie, is the name of a little orphan girl from either some old movie or comic.

Is the spider mastermind actually Orphan Annie? That'd make a great plot twist. :P

Feedback is good I don't mind that at all, annie doesn't sound very doomish but im okay with that.
Kama sutra didn't sound anything doomish either and it is an great megawad.

Well it's something different. This project is actually based on the idea of Paul corfiatis with his Bella megawad.
There was an evil demon called Bella and now there's an evil spider called Annie.

I like giving evil things cute names. ;)

I think we're going to release a second 3-level demo IF we get some HELP. Yes that's a hint ;)

Another demo you don't want to give the whole megawad away in demo's do you? :) just let them wait for it

But if we get some more help you all won't have to wait forever
(Yes that was a hint too)

Don't worry, another teaser won't hurt. I think it's better so they see some variety in styles and themes. Maybe we can release a couple of the hell levels.

Apocalypse said:

Another demo you don't want to give the whole megawad away in demo's do you? :)

I don't mind!
The first 3 maps were awesome if you ask me. Azriel's Map01 had a very nice design, and I thought the same of Dutch Devil's map, as well as the third map.

I like this demo. The 3 levels are very nice and captured a lot of what playing Doom2 is about - but in nicer levels than the oriinals. Good looking and pretty good gameplay without going over the top anywhere.

I agree with the lack of light problems. However, un-doomish or not, I like the name. To me, it works. It's just the silly kind of pet name I can imagine some scientists giving a huge genetic monstrosity fused with mechanical legs and a chaingun. Mind you, it was me who first suggested that a version of Zdoom be called Susan (which it was). Mind you #2, I'm also a scientist :)