Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Odd Eye

I just want everyone to know... [Doom music]

...that Doom has got the best music ever! The music fits the game really well. Never have I experienced a game with better music. Just wanted you all to know.

Odd Eye said:

...that Doom has got the best music ever! The music fits the game really well. Never have I experienced a game with better music. Just wanted you all to know.

I agree... i like the music for E1M3 best.

Da Spadger said:

i don't think just mentioning it isn't enough for its own thread.

I have to agree with this too... This is a boring subject to talk about.

Why thank you, I spent a lot of time composing the music for the game and I am quite happy that I have fans that really appreciate some of my work. Big thanks!

Doom certainly has great music that fits the game. The only other time I've really noticed the music in a game is the first Medal of Honor (for the Playstation). It had dynamic music... it was really cool to hear orchestral music swell when I jumped out from behind a hedge and mowed down two guys with my BAR. The only other game that I've been really impressed by the music is Quake II. The intro song is awesome.

I miss music in my FPS games. Imo, Doom3 would've benifited greatly if it had some creep gothic music in the backgroud.

Sonic the Hedgehog come close, I think

It depends on if you mean settign the mood for an entire game, or each individual environment

Entire game (overall) music: Doom 1 and 2
Individual song per level: Sonic 1 2 and 3K