Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guitarman

New Bobby Prince music!

Sometime in April, Bobby Prince put a new song on his site called "Doom IIV", saying it was what he would have made as a them for the newest Doom project (Doom 3?).

You need bittorent to download the song.

He also encouraged fans to email their opinions of the song to him, stating "If this works well, I will be releasing hundreds of songs in this manner."

http://www.bpmusic.com

I tried getting the song the other day, to no avail. Maybe I'll try later sometime. Does anyone have the track?

I was gonna rant on how BitTorrent doesn't work too well for stuff under about 10MB in size, then I see it actually caught a seed. I was running µTorrent, which I'll leave going for at least a few more hours in case anyone else wants it.

It's a little repetitive, and not really suited for Doom 3's atmosphere. It probably would have worked just about anywhere in Doom 2, though...

Pretty catchy; yeah, it would have worked with some wood-themed, dim Doom 2 map to my view.

No, not Doom 3 stuff at all. But definetly would've fit well for a true Doom remake(guns blazing, hordes of demons, monster closets galore, the whole nine).

RTC_Marine said:

I think he could've done better, to be honest.

My sentiments exactly. It actually reminds me more of Keen Dreams than Doom.

Like Naut said, would've worked with some crazy drab Doom 2 map.

I demand more thrash tunes by him.

Trilinear said:

My sentiments exactly. It actually reminds me more of Keen Dreams than Doom.

Keen Dreams had music!???

gargoylol said:

Keen Dreams had music!???

Very observant of you - come to think of it, the music on/off button in the menu system was indeed dimmed out in that particular game. Anyway, the tuney melody of this track reminded me of the "Goodbye Galaxy!"-era Keen music.

Trilinear said:

Very observant of you - come to think of it, the music on/off button in the menu system was indeed dimmed out in that particular game.

Music was removed from Keen Dreams to preserve space on the floppy.

One of the songs composed for it became rather popular as the Dopefish's theme.

The track is nice and catchy, but it's extremely repetative. Basically the same tune gets played over and over, just changed a bit here and there.

Could be much better, IMO.

I demand more thrash tunes by him.

I agree. I really liked the 'rock' music in Doom & Doom2. I suggested he aim his next project towards that sort of sound in my email.

It's "ok" as is, but I found that speeding it up (without a pitch shift) to shave off about 1 minute (or 73.59% of original length) it sounds much better and feels a lot more doomish. I'd post it but it might be a no-no. If you have software that can do a reverse time stretch without pitch change you can try it out.

That was some of the worst BP music I have ever heard...

And this coming from a guy who actually BOUGHT the old 'DooM MusiC' CD.

The SuperFly said:
And this coming from a guy who actually BOUGHT the old 'DooM MusiC' CD.

I have that. I agree this isn't among his best. Too bad it's not available as a MIDI; not sure how it would have sounded. Maybe somehow better?

Mancubus II said:

It's "ok" as is, but I found that speeding it up (without a pitch shift) to shave off about 1 minute (or 73.59% of original length) it sounds much better and feels a lot more doomish. I'd post it but it might be a no-no. If you have software that can do a reverse time stretch without pitch change you can try it out.

*fart*

DOOM IIV SPEEDY MIX

The faster vesion sounds perhaps a bit better, though I think that the weak part of the track in either version is the less heavy second part, which is, rather than moody in a dark way as DOOM demands, somewhat melancholic.