Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

Custom Weapons Thread - New Plasma-gun

This is just a thread that shows some custom weapons I've made from scratch. Feel free to use these in your wad as you see fit, but be sure to credit me for the art. All the new weapons will be posted on the first page of this thread, so you wont have to go looking around.

All these weapons are used for my Demon Eclipse wad, and I will upload the beta with all the sounds, sprites, and decorate you will need soon. (Once i compile the new materials and finish testing it). If you dont like to wait, you can cut and paste the graphics yourself from the
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Newest Weapons:

BFG 9k/10k: BFG made from scratch. I based it heavily on the Doom-Movie BFG and the Doom 64 plasma-gun. Spent a bit of time of this one, though overall a quick finish.

http://img277.imageshack.us/my.php?image=debfg10k9gl.gif

Shotgun: A Shotgun I made a few weeks ago to replace the normal shotgun. Made it bigger and a bit more powerful looking. Otherwise, nothing special.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6456/deshotgun0ca.gif

Plasmagun: Updated version of my plasmagun. Same as the other one's design, but made he plasma tube look better and made the gun slightly bigger.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5773/deplasmagun24db.gif
---------------------------------------------------------------------
More of my stuff can be found here:
http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=8831&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ahh, so you're Eriance. Love your work, especially since you're one of the only people who does centered sprites that also tend to fit in with the whole Doom scheme. I've not come across much that is very useful to me, but I keep my eyes peeled. Do you have like a portfolio or archive of all sprites you have done?

Peaches.

EarthQuake said:

Ahh, so you're Eriance. Love your work, especially since you're one of the only people who does centered sprites that also tend to fit in with the whole Doom scheme. I've not come across much that is very useful to me, but I keep my eyes peeled. Do you have like a portfolio or archive of all sprites you have done?

Peaches.

All my archived sprites on on my Zdoom threads.

You Sir.. Are a God. o_o I can't wait untill all your weapons are done sir, well your non midevil weapons that is.

I really like the bfg and the plasmagun. the shotgun is nice, but I never saw a need to replace the original.

Brilliant stuff. I really like that shotgun, and your Nightmare sprite is possibly the best thing ever.

I'm not sure if these are better than the ones that are in the beta. Oh and did you though about adding a Soul Cube, not like the one of DOOM 3 that ruins the balance, just sprites to replace these of the Wraithverge.

beatiful weapons design...

i look somenthing similar to the BFG 9k our wtf in Freedoom. If i don't said some heresy them was the plasmagun replacement...

Vegeta said:

I'm not sure if these are better than the ones that are in the beta. Oh and did you though about adding a Soul Cube, not like the one of DOOM 3 that ruins the balance, just sprites to replace these of the Wraithverge.

No, I will not use any soulcube sprites to replace my Soul Reaver weapon's ghsots. I like how the ghosts are. having a bunch of soul cubes just ruins the weapon, since it would make any sense for a ghostly staff to shoot out metalic cubes.

Heh I agree with that, but what I were talking about was a Soul Cube to replace the weapon itself, then when it attacks it spawn ghosts as now.

I'm considering using your shotgun sprite for a WAD I'm working on, but if I did, would it be totally inappropriate to change the muzzle flash? I doesn't go well with the other original guns.

RoneKyakone said:

I'm considering using your shotgun sprite for a WAD I'm working on, but if I did, would it be totally inappropriate to change the muzzle flash? I doesn't go well with the other original guns.

You can change, edit, and remove whatever you like from my sprites. Its really up to you ^_^. I can make you a custom flash state if you need be. It will only take like 5 minutes with photoshop.

Vegeta said:

Heh I agree with that, but what I were talking about was a Soul Cube to replace the weapon itself, then when it attacks it spawn ghosts as now.

I wouldn't. So far, there are no decorate commands that can give me health from the soulcube attack. As far as I know, if the cub itself was to spawn ghosts, the ghosts would attack me, and not the enemy; since owner of the first projectile is not trasnfered to the secdonary projectile. Plus, the soul cube wouldn't be nearly as deadly as the the SOul Reaver. The Soul cube only attacks 1 guy at a time, and doesn't do all that much damage. Turning up the damage for the thing would be a waste to use on a small enemy, plus it would only kill one of them. Shooting out multiple soul cubes would be even less realistic then the soul reaver.

TheDarkArchon said:

I think Veg is saying that you should replace the sprites for it because the Wraithverge is boring.

I've already replaced the sprites for it. Did he get the really old version? o_o The new one doesnt lok anything like the hexen one. And functions differently.

Yeah I were refering to the sprites alone of the Wraithverge, sorry if I weren't clear, the behavior it's perfect, very balanced with the other weapons in the 7th slot. I didn't know there was a new version, me happy. This mod has something that make it unique, it's very good on it's own way, the monsters, weapons, and maps look great, yet I have to admit that I just played certain maps, I resist the temptation to play it from start to an end until it's finished or close.

Ezxariarch said:

You can change, edit, and remove whatever you like from my sprites. Its really up to you ^_^. I can make you a custom flash state if you need be. It will only take like 5 minutes with photoshop.

Sweet. I'm just going to try working with the original shotgun muzzle flash and modify it for this gun.

I really appreciate you allowing people to use this stuff. I'll be sure to credit you if I ever finish my project.

THAT SHOTGUN IS DAMN AMAZING. There's a feeling of utter domination as I imagine holding it in front of me shooting down demons. I agree with some others that the muzzle flash is the weak point, and it'd look better in original style.

I didn't really like the plasmagun, though. The clear tube that contains the shot works for the BFG, but I think some emphasis on venting and a battery would work best for the plasmagun.

BFG is cool, though. Not as cool as the shotgun, of course.

I'd really, INTENSELY love to see what you'd do for a machinegun. Something to replace the chaingun, but without being a chaingun.

WOW! Some truly phenomenal stuff here. I hated the Doom movie, but I love the rendition of the BFG. If I start a new project in the near future I know who to get in contact with :)

Anyone know where to download the latest version? I have the one with the first episode, and two maps of the second released some months ago. I checked the Zdoom forums but I only can find a link to the first episode.

Vegeta said:

Anyone know where to download the latest version? I have the one with the first episode, and two maps of the second released some months ago. I checked the Zdoom forums but I only can find a link to the first episode.

http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=9237&start=360

This is the newest beta. It updates and revmapes almost everything fromthe previous version that you have. A bunch of new weapons have been added as well as new monsters. Goto Map40 to test out the monsters. A new version will be uploaded once the 11th map is finished. After that it will be the first released of the completed second episode. Current plans are to finish the additional monsters and SSG.

Pete The Padre said:

Good golly!
ill be using these sprites in my upcoming megawad for sure!
i love the work!

Maybe you could Email me the Sprites? id most appriciate that

ill make sure ill credit you good enough ;)

Peterwiklund87@hotmail.com

Why e-mal them when they are already in the wad? o_o If you mean the new stuff, they will be in the next beta just before the finalized version is released. I also post all my new sprites here:

http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=8831&start=510

I really like the shotgun. I never cared for the original BFG or plasma gun, so needless to say, I don't care for them. That whole "fururistic" look seems stupid to me. I love how you kept the original Doomguy's glove, though.