Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rotting Corpse

Halo 2 on Vista.

timeline

meh doesn't matter anyway, it'll only "suck" for those mindless halo loving drones.

I think it's just a ploy to get people to buy Vista and doubt it will take advantage of DX10 much. It will probably be like the original Halo's PC port; maybe some new weapons and multiplayer maps, but for the most part it will just be a direct port.

At least you can actually get good accuracy without the horrible thumbstick aiming. God do I hate that on live sometimes.

Bloodskull said:

At least you can actually get good accuracy without the horrible thumbstick aiming. God do I hate that on live sometimes.

So buy this thing. It works pretty well.

Soo, I'm seeing technology that we already have? Yet another reason not to buy Vista.

Besides, what has DX10 have that DX9 doesn't? Besides being not DirectX.

By the time Vista is out, they should have had plenty of time to make a new Halo. Porting a game from 2004 don't really make much sense if they are intrested in brining customers to the new OS.

I don't understand how you couldn't run halo2 with DX9. I smell a direct marketing ploy.

Csonicgo said:

Soo, I'm seeing technology that we already have? Yet another reason not to buy Vista.

Besides, what has DX10 have that DX9 doesn't? Besides being not DirectX.

Lifted from wikipedia:

Microsoft is currently working on a large update to the Direct3D API. Originally called Windows Graphics Foundation, DirectX 10, and later DirectX Next, but currently referred to as Direct3D 10, it will appear as part of Windows Vista. Version 10 will represent a departure from the driver model of DirectX Graphics 9.0, with the addition of a scheduler and memory virtualization system. Direct3D 10 will forego the current DirectX practice of using "capability bits" to indicate which features are active on the current hardware. Instead, Direct3D 10 will define a minimum standard of hardware capabilities which must be supported for a display system to be "Direct3D 10 compatible". According to Microsoft, Direct3D 10 will be able to display graphics up to 8 times more quickly than DirectX Graphics 9.0c. In addition, Direct3D 10 will incorporate Microsoft Shader Model 4.0.

Microsoft is also developing XNA, which is a framework designed to assist development of games by making it easier to integrate DirectX, HLSL and other tools in one package.

Seems pretty important.

Still, it's a marketing ploy, a flagship product for Vista.

Looks like a desperate marketing ploy for Vista by Microsoft.

Still, Vista needs something to make it worthwhile. Right now the high points of it are WMP 11, IE 7, and Aero, and 2 of those 3 are being backported to XP.

rf` said:

WMP is not a high point.

When I mention that those 3 are the better parts of Vista I invariably get "[WMP, IE, Aero] is not a high point." Trust me, there are much, much worse parts of Vista than those 3.

Well, I'm not going to upgrade to Vista until I upgrade my computer because I don't want to pay $300 for it and because I never really gave a shit about Halo anyway.

Csonicgo said:

Yes, Halo sucks anyway. I tried to deathmatch on it and I felt like a fuckin' snail.

Halo's "framerate" problem is immediatly resolved in Halo 2.

BlackFish said:

Halo's "framerate" problem is immediatly resolved in Halo 2.

Oh, it is? hmm.

nope, gates will not rape my wallet anymore. :P

No, it's still just plain slow. Like TFC Heavy Weapons Guy slow. Slower than my grandma fucks.

Bucket said:

No, it's still just plain slow. Like TFC Heavy Weapons Guy slow. Slower than my grandma fucks.

I think he's talking about the shields and whatnot. Halo 1 deathmatch with human weapons and no shields is extremely fast paced. Halo 2...is not.

I'm guessing this will be hacked to work on XP/2000 within a few weeks of release. It can't be that hard.

udderdude said:

I'm guessing this will be hacked to work on XP/2000 within a few weeks of release. It can't be that hard.

Only if it doesn't use any Vista specific APIs.

we had wrappers when new tech came out like this, I'm sure we can hack one in these days.