Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

Some mapset ive made

I have combined my maps which ive made for Lutrov's 1024 contest into one mapset.
Ive posted the first four maps in the 1024 contest thread some time ago, maybe you have played them allready.
But ive been working on an fifth map aswell and included that one in this mapset.
Some screens of map05:

For screens of my first four maps check the 1024 contest thread.
Download mapset:
http://rapidshare.de/files/19944294/dd1024.zip.html
I hope you enjoy them :)

Thanks Ismaele I really like to work with stock doom2 textures lately, im thinking about releasing this to newstuff.

Ive just found one area in map05 that players can get into and its outside the 1024 limit, and found an linedef in map01 which needs to be tagged as an secret now its tagged as hidden.

Ive finished another map I hope you like it, im going to include it in my mapset.
It needs some more testing so if any of you can help me with that it would't be sweet.
Im going to make one more before im releasing it, it will be something like dead simple.
Some screens:

Download link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/20472018/Map01.wad.html
Boom port needed and it uses map01 have fun :)

Nice little map!

dutch devil said:
Boom port needed and it uses map01 have fun :)

Limitless will do the job, it seems (I used Doom2+). In many cases its the same, but some engines are limitless without Boom stuff, and then when recording Boom means you need to record a Boom (or more advanced) version demo, while if the wad is just limitless you can do a standard Doom demo (with PrBoom, PrBoom+, or Doom2+).

Glad you liked it thanks, I hate to ask this but what is doom2+ is that vanilla doom2.
Im not very familiar with some ports, I know im not using boom to its full potential.

Just when I thought ive got an bugfree map uploaded, bugs starting to appear all of a sudden.
You can press the blue key switch when you stand on that ledge where the caco's came out from.
And go back by lift and exit the map making the chaingunner/baron trap unused.
Ill move the switch somewhere near the start.

dutch devil said:

Just when I thought ive got an bugfree map uploaded, bugs starting to appear all of a sudden.
You can press the blue key switch when you stand on that ledge where the caco's came out from.

Such bugs have their uses you know ;)

dutch devil said:
Glad you liked it thanks, I hate to ask this but what is doom2+ is that vanilla doom2.
Im not very familiar with some ports, I know im not using boom to its full potential.

It's the standard Doom2 executable, but hacked, extending the limits for visplanes, segs, savegames, plats, and sprites in view, allowing bigger and more detailed maps. There's a thread here, and some discussion on the PrBoom+ thread.

Yeah it has its uses :) the trap isn't really an trap cause you can sneak up on them and killing two or more chaingunners without them ever seeing you.

Argh opengl messes up one of my secrets :(
[edit] Thank myk for the links that helps me understand things better.

Ive completed my mapset (yay) seven maps in total map07 is an dead simple map.
Some screens of map07:

Ill upload it sometime this week, in the mean time im going to test it some more.

O_O
How did you manage to create a level that looks kind of like Quake without any custom textures?

Most of what I see in those screenshots are custom textures (albeit modified versions of existing textures, but still). I also fail to see the resemblance to Quake (insert 'quake is brown' joke here). It looks very pretty, though.

Quake?? its doom all the way, ive used some recolored doom textures from various texture wads.
I have not used any Quake textures for this mapset only doomy ones :)

Craigs said:

O_O
How did you manage to create a level that looks kind of like Quake without any custom textures?

Ha, ha! :D I think he was just joking...! ;)

dutch devil said:

Not sure if you were intending this to be playable in any limit-removing port, but map04 at least needs a Boom-compatible. It uses the linedef type "Floor: S1 down to next floor (Slow, Boom)" - at least that's what WadAuthor calls it, but the main point it is Boom-only.

The first three maps worked fine without Boom support - haven't tried the last three yet.