Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlackAsDaNight

Doom 2.5 problem

Hi guys just wondering if you can help me out.

I downloaded the latest version of "Edge" and I downloaded a bundle of zip files and unzipped them accordingly into the same folder ( as it says here http://doom25.modfiles.org/download.html ) so its C:/Games/Edge and everything is unziped and put in there...

NOW, when I open "Doom 2.5" and press play it says "IdentifyVersion:No Iwads found"

Ive started setting it up and ive done what its said I downloaded Edge 1.9 and i unziped all the files and put everything into a "Edge" folder under C:/GAMES/EDGE and copyed my doom2.wad into that folder and i installed & unziped everyting then i double clicked the edge application icon and it loads (making my screen go all funny) then says that "There are no fonts defined in DDF".

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong here .... im useless at programming/funny bits... i just play computer games hehe

Thats the thing with a blue icon saysing "Doom 2.5" isn't it?

When i do it says "This version of Edge cannot handel this DDF. Error occured near line 9 of DDFWEAP. Line Contents: #VERSION 1.9"

.... can someonw make this easy for me lol

Version 1.9? The latest version of Edge is 1.29 RC3 (disregarding the Rc3 "Compiler Config Testing" version).

WildWeasel said:

Version 1.9? The latest version of Edge is 1.29 RC3 (disregarding the Rc3 "Compiler Config Testing" version).

Well im sure thats the one... if not have u got a link to where I can get that from?

Ive downloaded everything on here

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2232

and Ive done what its said I downloaded Edge 1.9 and i unziped all the files and put everything into a "Edge" folder under C:/GAMES/EDGE and copyed my doom2.wad into that folder and i installed & unziped everyting then i double clicked the edge application icon and it loads up fine (the edge) so i know thats working BUT i want to play Doom 2.5 so when i click ont eh Doom 2.5 launcher it gives me a message saying

"This Edge version can not handle this DDF. Error Occured near line 9 of language.ldf Line Contents: #VERSION 1.29"

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong or what i need to download.... PLEASE???

There is no EDGE 1.9; you need 1.29 RC #3 under "Test Builds" near the bottom of the page.

Pika132 said:

There is no EDGE 1.9; you need 1.29 RC #3 under "Test Builds" near the bottom of the page.

Ive already done that and it still says the same thing...

..How did everyone get theres to work? What did they do and what versions of what are they using?

Cheers

Do a fresh install of Edge 1.29 RC3:

1. Create a new empty directory and unzip the edge-1.29RC3-win32.zip into this directory.

2. You should run theOpenALweax.exe to make sure you have sound set up.

2. Copy your Doom2.wad into the same directory.

4. Run Gledge32.exe and see if that works.

If you get this far with no problems then we can continue to help you. I'm certain the problem is with doom 2.5: it's probably using older versions of DDF files. If you do the above steps then we can narrow down the problem quite a bit.