Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bejiitas_wrath

Funny things in Doom

I was playing Scythe last night and there was an Archvile attacking me and he was near a wall and when he attacked me the last time he killed himself.

And I was using Prboom 2.2.6 to play doom2 in MAP04 UV and I got to the Blue Key Switch and died, and my view was bouncing up and down after my corpse hit the grating and slid along it to the end.

This was strange, as I checked the Automap and the z height stayed at 56. Has anyone else had such strange things happen to them? And once I was playing a George Fiffy map and a Demon died in a doorway on a raised ridge and it slid along to the end and bounced back and forth and back and forth and back++;

And the time I was playing AV MAP25 and the Cyber in the first room was stuck against the teleporter structure and the Barons scratched him to death :).

Has anyone else got any weird tales to tell?

Once when I was playing Super Sonic Doom, I killed a demon and his body landed on one of those bounce pads. His body kept jumping up and down, over and over again. :P

A trooper capped a baron once.

I was dancing my shotgun dance with the baron when he slighted a trooper amidst my frantic strafing.

The trooper survived and began laying lead in his satyr ass. Though I found this amusing, I didn't think it justified a break from busting heads just yet, so I kept at it.

So did he.

When I was about to put the nail in his coffin, the trooper beat me to the punch and sent 'im back to Hell for the second time.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Anytime I slide across a W trigger exit when dead it makes me lol.

EDIT: Whew, had a stupid attack, sorry.

One time I had an arch-vile in my face . . . I think it was in Alien Vendetta . . . so I whipped out the BFG and charged him. He then set me ablaze, all the while my BFG was charging up as I was running toward him. As soon as I got directly in front of him, he popped me, I flew onto his head and the BFG ball flew harmlessly behind him.
I Mike Tysoned a revenant. You gotta get just the right distance . . .
I've got other stories but I can't remember any of them at the moment.

I was worried about having to play through a level (map10 I believe, this was back when I was new) all over again, so I had the BRIGHT idea to save right before a big fight... with 2 health. Yes, right over my save with 2 health.

Amazingly, after literally at least 30 tries, I won.

I've also had alot of wierd anamolies happen, like the above mentioned bobbing up and down when dying.

One time I was punching a revenant and a baron. I killed the revenant but then there was still a fireball going in a circle, which eventually hit the baron. He then turned and tried to shoot the dead revenant, and after that he must have realized the revenant was already dead.

I played with the revenant's fireball in Simplicity during a co-op game, it's so fun running around in circles with it =D.

In Map22 on NM I was trying to do the slide thru the silver bars trick (instead of the getting the blue key) and it took me over a minute to finally slide thru it.. only to have the chaingunner respawn and kill me.
In Doom3 in the Recycling Center (I think, its the first level with Revenant) I was shooting a revenant and an imp long-range with machinegun when the imp fireballed the rev behind the head; then the revenant turned around and sucker-punched him :)

This one time on Zdaemon, I was playing Coop for AV with unlimited ammo with some guys. I kept knocking this one guy named YoureDoomed18 into this pool of nukage every time he tried to climb out on this staircase. The insults he came up with were... creative

U fukin Jewish niger! Go bak to the fields u stupid slave!!!

and he also said this:

I kno the admin in RL for this server u fuking fagot. I'l get him 2 ban u!

The funniest part was when he finally tried to rocket jump out with %12 health.

Craigs said:

I kept knocking this one guy named YoureDoomed18 into this pool of nukage every time he tried to climb out on this staircase.

We certainly have a classy player here.

A lolman wannabe by the sound of it.

On topic: too many to list. The majority of the demos I record illustrate/exploit game quirks. Perhaps the ones that I find funniest are death slide exits and when you kill a boss brain using purely pacifist methods.

DeumReaper said:

In Doom3 in the Recycling Center (I think, its the first level with Revenant) I was shooting a revenant and an imp long-range with machinegun when the imp fireballed the rev behind the head; then the revenant turned around and sucker-punched him :)

Huh? The monsters don’t respond when they are hit by another monster. Monster infighting is not possible in Doom 3 as in Doom.

^Not true.

I find losing horribly in deathmatch pretty damn funny. You know, since someone would have to be blatently hacking to accomplish that. >=)

i've done the magic savegame trick too, once saved it and then died because of a revenant fireball immediatley afterwards. took about a million tries to dodge the bastard AND a load of hitscan fire to rescue that game.

I was playing some lame map where someone put a crapload of monsters in a small room, with a spider mastermind. It was shaped similar to the fortress of mystery first room. I clear them all out standing in the corner and see 2 imps working on the spider. I waited like 3 minutes just watching them, for them to kill the spider.

In a co-op I shot a missle down a long hallway and died. Quick respawn and ran to the door and got hit with my own misssle.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Arch-Viles killing other Arch-Viles, players gliding through solid walls and out of maps, players shooting imps at point blank range with rocket launchers and not take any damage, maps falling apart in front of my very eyes. All those moments will be lost in time, like ... tears in rain.

I've seen people shoot rockets at exit switches while standing next to them... ;)

Once in Refueling Station one imp got a hit from an arachnotron plasma blast. This imp ran closer to the arachnotron and started clawing the little cyberspider. The spider got stuck into the imp and was unable to move or shoot... Scratch... Scratch... Scratch... Scratch... Scratch... Scratch... Scratch... Scratch... and some more Scratch... KAbbzziiroouummmmm... The spider died and I shot the imp with some gun.

Coopersville said:

^Not true.

Bah? I never saw monster infighting in Doom 3, instead I saw imps squeaking when they were hit by another imp’s fireball.
Edit: Playing RoE nearly only with the grabber is fun. Send the balls back.

Belial said:
I've seen people shoot rockets at exit switches while standing next to them... ;)

What a silly thing to do! I've made some mistakes in my days, but that really takes the prize. What idiot donated his brain to science before doing *that*!?

When i first played doom2 i just couldn't figure out how to beat the last level. I would sit there for hours killing monsters until i just ran out of ammo, which made me very good in ammo conservation...anyways one day i was just messing around and i fell down and "accidentally" hit the space-bar on the rocket elevator and to my surprise i finally figured out how to beat it; so i proceeded to do so. As the last rocket left the barrel of my launcher a lost soul flew in my face and i died, the following tantrum lasted about 30 minutes.

xit-vono said:
maybe he just kinda pressed the wrong button

Or his mouse is like one of mine; the left mouse button seems to activate itself sometimes when I'm not touching it... really nice thing to do when I'm holding a Rocket launcher next to a wall or in close quarters.

xit-vono said:
maybe he just kinda pressed the wrong button

Heh, it's an in-joke (from the 2sectors demo pack). This demo will explain things. :-)

Ive been playing through Doom, and Ive noticed a lot of enemies dont care about you half the time and fight each other.

it's always fun to watch monsters fight each other. i made an arena some time ago with a large number of monsters in it. when i get bored i just watch them fight. Great time waster though. but not completely thrilling.

Yes, right over my save with 2 health.

Amazingly, after literally at least 30 tries, I won.

I remember my brother saving while halfway round a corner on that western Half Life TC, with hardly any health, only to round the corner and be blasted my a mexican with a pistol. He kept loading the game but had too much momentum so as soon as he loaded he went around the corner and got shot, after about 30 tries he finally kept on running and dived behind a table, dodging the fatal bullet, then saved again and tried to fight the mexican, several deaths later he finally beat him...