Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Dark Foces 2, shadows of Emipre on NVIDA

I have an old Nvidia GeForce 4 MX. When ever I start my game in Shadows of the Empire or Dark Foces 2: Jedi Knight, the gfx are all scrambled.

Anyhow know how to fix this?

Dark Foces 2?

DF2 is Jedi Knight :|

Try running older 67.xx drivers instead, later versions actually break direct3d support for the older geforces, then ultimately removed support for the older geforce cards in 77.xx.

gargoylol said:

Dark Foces 2?

DF2 is Jedi Knight :|

Try running older 67.xx drivers instead, later versions actually break direct3d support for the older geforces, then ultimately removed support for the older geforce cards in 77.xx.

WOW ATI DONT DO THAT</troll>

In Jedi Knight, you really don't gain that much from running in hardware mode (outside of the texture filtering). If your system is powerful enough to support a GeForce 4, then you could just as well run the game in software mode at 640x480 with no trouble at all. The graphics look a lot sharper, too.

It does look good in software mode, it's just that I'm a nut for the 3D window effect you get in accelerated mode. :)

I think I'm just going to put my ATI Radeon 9000 Pro back in. I was using the NVIDIA for BeOS, but alas, no good DOOM ports for BeOS so I unhappily must return to M$ world. :/

Aleaver said:

What about a Geforce FX 5500? 128 Mb Anygood? (tells you how much I know)..

the fx series sucks entirely, skip to gf6.

I hope this will fix Shadows of the Empire as well. I never got to play it due to the N64's crap joypad, and the emulator's inability to emulate it. :/

Freaking ATI drivers are HUGE. I recall there Control Center always crashing on startup, even though I had the dotnetfix installed.