Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Dateline=Bullshit

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/11/nbcs-dateline-trolling-for-racism-and-religious-intolerance-in/

This just in: I've had it up to here with Dateline. Once a normal news show, Dateline as decided to pull the ol' Geraldo and make themselves news MAKERS.

I understood the investigation they did on Sylvan a few years back but, faking as children to arrest "sexual predators" on just intent alone? Going out to a NASCAR race with a bunch of muslims and other things that "Rednecks" supposedly hate?(as always, no one gave a fuck)

And another thing, The way they bait the "predators" is illegal. Yes, that's right. Now I know you'll all hate me forever on this, but shit! they haven't even chatted with an underage person, it's a cop!

Even using the idea that chatting with an underage person is illegal, has the guy even done that? No. then How do they arrest him? Has anyone woken up to smell the fucking coffee and find out who's next on their sick lists? Illegal downloaders? linux nerds? Emulator Enthusiasts? I mean, This blatant Entrapment scheme would give even Satan a pants tent.

How far should news media with the help of the GOVERNMENT (woohoo, another can o beans to open) Be up your ass? It's coming. "sexual predators" is just the beginning. Soon it'll be petty things like I mentioned above.

Bottom line is getting these evil bastards out of circulation is good for society, right? well, illegal downloaders, Open source lovers, linux users, you soon will be the evil bastards. And With the Latest in computer DRM bullshit, plus bastards like dateline, you better get the best lube for your virtual ass. Fahrenheit 451 wasn't as bullshit as it seemed, was it? Except instead of robot dogs, lets use daleks.
EDIT: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12084683/
Christians next?

I thought the same thing. People always give the internet a bad rep, and it pisses me off.

Pfft, I don't understand why you're all up in arms, those guys clearly deserved it. Also I highly doubt they'll do anything else that's "down the line", as in doing some kind of special on movie piraters or something. Pedophiles and illegal downloads are quite different.

I dunno, Dateline has always made some people just want to tear them apart, from christians to nascar fans to paedophiles to michael jackson fans. It's a wonder they haven't pissed off the whole world yet.

Csonicgo said:

The way they bait the "predators" is illegal.

It is certainly wrong, but it is not entrapment and is not illegal.

i used to think baiting criminals was illegal too but my friend told about seeing some of these dateline episodes. also, I watch Cops sometimes and sometimes narcotics teams will drive around with one guy picking up girls, telling the girl straight out he isnt a cop and then the car is surrounded by a narcotics team. So basically, they bait hookers by posing as customers and telling the hooker they arent a cop and then getting them arrested. Another one I saw had a woman cop pretend to be a prostitute. In other words, baiting IS legal apparently. And for the pedophilia one I cant say I'm very up in arms against it (the prostitution one i'm a little more gray on, but one could argue its better for the prostitutes who obviously are not in a good situation.. and before someone says prostitution should be legal, these are not "sex workers" but probably junkies who are abused by pimps and hate thier lives and so yeah they probably are better off when they arent on the streets)

BlitZ said:

I thought the same thing. People always give the internet a bad rep, and it pisses me off.

The corporate media do it because it takes away from you watching television and you seeing their sponsors' advertising. It's not any different than the corporate media going on about how video games cause violence when the reality is that the opposite is true.
I say "corporate media" instead of just "media" because that's all it really is now.

I can understand this reality show stuff like COPS, but this is for news investigations. this is to check out news that has happened, not to MAKE news. It seems as if there isn't anything to report so they make shit up or play with someone e-penis on the internet for the pure interest of ratings.

Wow, getting all up in arms about guys getting in trouble for obviously trying to screw a girl well under age; like the old timers say, this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

baronofhell said:

Wow, getting all up in arms about guys getting in trouble for obviously trying to screw a girl well under age; like the old timers say, this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

That's not why I'm getting all up in arms.... I'm just saying that this militant journalism is getting out of hand. It's just tolerable NOW because of the "good cause".

Csonicgo said:

Except instead of robot dogs, lets use daleks.

heh, I can hear it now: "YOU HAVE ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADED MUSIC!!! YOU MUST BE EXTERMINATED!!! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!

I don't see a problem with this. If anything, they're at least doing something useful and helping the police force that usually doesn't attach much importance to abuse issues.

Edit: referring to getting pedos arrested...