Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gokuma

Question about Meet the Fockers

Is the fake stupid shit the dad is doing in the yard when they arrive at the Fockers' place all you see in the movie that's supposed to be Capoeira?

Because this movie really blows and I don't feel like watching any more of it. I think it's supposed to be a comedy but instead it's just an unending string of horrible emabarrassments that assholes are conditioned to laugh at. Hollywood eats shit.

hay guyz liek fuck hollywood and shit and the mindless drones that watch meet the fockers but plz tell me what is going on during that one scene in meet the fockers boy this movie is sure stupid i watched it but i'm not one of those people i swear

Gokuma, the world is not one long string of media designed solely to piss you off. You imply that people who watch it are drones yet you're the one who is angry. Who looks the more insecure?

But yes, this film wasn't a patch on Meet The Parents.

It's not one of De Niro's better movies, regardless of how well he acts in it.

I just didn't find myself laughing at anything and it was supposed to be a comedy. I wasn't impressed by the previews (damn they advertised it out their asses, I guess since it was going to bring in audiences on its own merit), but I heard it had Capoeira in it so I started to watch it. Instead I just see some made up William Shatner style karate they actually dared to call Capoeira. That was insulting. My question is does Capoeira come up again anytime later in the movie?

Ha, you watched a movie because you heard there's Capoeira in it. YOU FUCKING SHEEP.

I guess you didn't watch the movie to laugh at it, then.

Gokuma said:

I just didn't find myself laughing at anything and it was supposed to be a comedy.

That's how the majority of post-1940's comedy goes.

American, anyway.

comedy has fallen to below-slapstick, it's a shame. not much left in the funneymines, I guess.

Gokuma said:

but I heard it had Capoeira in it so I started to watch it. Instead I just see some made up William Shatner style karate they actually dared to call Capoeira. That was insulting. My question is does Capoeira come up again anytime later in the movie?

ahhaahahah

leileilol said:

Here's to hoping that Spaceballs 2 will kick ass.

The search for more money!

Gokuma said:

unending string of horrible emabarrassments that assholes are conditioned to laugh at. Hollywood eats shit.

Oceans Twelve actually has a real display of Capoeira in it although unfortunately no actual fight.

Also, I found Psyonisis's post actually pretty amusing, funnier than Meet the Fockers. At first I thought some mod did a sneaky but goofy editing job on my post.