Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sausage

Doom radio, Should it be made

I have had an idea, and i can get it set up and have a running website for it, all i want is Just your vote, yes or no,
and i will have to get info if you are willing to DJ for it..

So, what do you think, a free radio, you can request a song, if you have an microphone, you can be a DJ for it, and it will have 50 listeners.

any thoughts/suggestions?

deathbringer said:

What if 51 people come onto the site? does one get kicked out?

No, he means the stream would be limited to 50 people, so if you tried to join when it's full, it wouldn't let you.

You should come up with some kind of scope and theme instead of "a station that plays music and has people talking". This'll help people decide whether or not they want to participate.

I've been doing QuakeRadio (Qradio) over at Quakeone for about two months now.

Technician - If i make it i will let you be a radio manager.
EarthQuake - Any Music you want, and if you dont have the song that is Requested, you dont Have to play it.

Bank, would you be happy to be able to Join my radio station if It comes to be....

Bloodshedder - What do you mean exactly?

everyone else - Please Vote for this to happen, It thought it was a brilliant idea!

Bloodshedder said:

You know about the royalties that would be due because of this if you played 98% of all songs out there?

Perhaps that could be avoided by making it a true Doom radio. Play all the Doom music, original or the midis & other stuff that's been included in other pwads. Between remakes, multiple versions and even the originals, there'd be plenty of material. I'd listen to that.

Erm, Not a bad idea But i find that all doom stuff will be a bit oing, because of Having to extract all the midi's an all, you may as well just make an online midi bank (I just gave myself an idea.)
well, it is up you, the doom community if you want a doom radio or not.

http://billboard.blogs.com/billboardpostplay/2005/05/internet_radio_.html

Basically, you have to pay money to whoever owns the song you play every time you play it (this wouldn't apply to every single song, but anything released under a record label is 99% likely to require royalties). Otherwise, if someone finds out you've been playing their stuff without paying, you'll be toast.

I wonder if id/Bobby Prince would be upset if the Doom music was used for a radio. After all, Prince is a bit of a thief, so it's not like he has too much credibility for persecution. In any case, I still say go for a radio that plays Doom music. There's plenty of gamer radios out there already. And what about Sgtcrispy's setup?

We could get away with music clips from Doom without a problem. We can use the game sounds too because their free after all. its just the music we have to pay for.

I don't really understand why you're calling this "Doom Radio" when it's likely it will have little to do with Doom. Now playing some of the songs that Doom's music was based off of, might be a bit more appropriate.

You could also have wad reviews on it, people even commenting on wads as they play them, this could be both a spoken version of newstuff chronicles, and going back in the archive and checking out random wads for review ("Hey, here's another old favourite you may remember!")

Why dont you just play music released by individuals or private groups, not owned by a label? There, royalties gone.

And as for Crispy's, his were too long, I try and keep my overall talking segment to about 5-8 minutes. His would usually end with "Well, I cant really think of much else"

Theirs not enough Doom news for a station. And any wad reviews are eigther here or NewDoom. I still like the idea though.

deathbringer said:

You could also have wad reviews on it, people even commenting on wads as they play them, this could be both a spoken version of newstuff chronicles, and going back in the archive and checking out random wads for review ("Hey, here's another old favourite you may remember!")

That could be pretty interesting if done well. I'm thinking a podcast would make more sense than a radio stream, though, unless you can actually come up with enough material to fill 24 hours a day...

esselfortium said:

That could be pretty interesting if done well. I'm thinking a podcast would make more sense than a radio stream, though, unless you can actually come up with enough material to fill 24 hours a day...

And it would allow for more than 50 listeners.

Just a word of advice, if people want to hear music, they listen to a station dedicated to it. But if people want to hear a Doom radio show, it needs to be independant, most likely being released each week. That way it doesnt drag, it has all the week's info, and it's good.

So, you want a Weekly doom news show.
I can make this, Just i wont make it untill i know people who are willing to do news reviews.

Job said:

Perhaps that could be avoided by making it a true Doom radio. Play all the Doom music, original or the midis & other stuff that's been included in other pwads. Between remakes, multiple versions and even the originals, there'd be plenty of material. I'd listen to that.

amen :P

that would be awesome

...and now I have to ask, what happened with Sarge Crispy?

I said:

...And what about Sgtcrispy's setup?

Torn said:

...and now I have to ask, what happened with Sarge Crispy?

It's already been asked.

leileilol said:

the SPOKEN /newstuff chronicles!

Sweet Jesus, judgement is come.